Can I install Logic pro on two computers?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

burn
pushin' record

Can I install Logic pro on two computers?

Post by burn » Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:06 pm

If I buy Logic Pro and want to use it on two computers, let's say, an imac for main work/mixing at home and a macbook when I'm tracking at my rehearsal space, both sharing the same icloud drive so I can work on the same session, is this something possible?

Nick Sevilla
on a wing and a prayer

Re: Can I install Logic pro on two computers?

Post by Nick Sevilla » Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:19 pm

You certainly can, but I am not sure as to whether or not you can RUN them at the same time.

I read whatever is out there, and no one gives a CLEAR answer.

So, experiment.
Howling at the neighbors. Hoping they have more mic cables.

burn
pushin' record

Post by burn » Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:43 pm

I won't ever run them at the same time, I will either do tracking with the macbook OR mixing at my station at home.

Nick Sevilla
on a wing and a prayer

Post by Nick Sevilla » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:00 am

burn wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:43 pm
I won't ever run them at the same time, I will either do tracking with the macbook OR mixing at my station at home.
Then you should be just fine.
Howling at the neighbors. Hoping they have more mic cables.

analogika
gettin' sounds

Post by analogika » Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:17 am

The license agreement explicitly allows you to install it on multiple machines that you own or control.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202752
How many computers can I install Logic Pro on?
Here's an excerpt from the Logic Pro software agreement:
...you have the right to use the Apple Software as permitted by the Services and Content Usage Rules set forth in the Apple Media Services Terms and Conditions (https:// www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/) (“Usage Rules”), and are granted a limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive license:
(i) to download, install, use and run for personal, non-commercial use, one (1) copy of the Apple Software directly on each Apple-branded computer running macOS (“Mac Computer”) that you own or control; and
(ii) if you are a commercial enterprise or educational institution, to download, install, use and run one (1) copy of the Apple Software for use either: (a) by a single individual on each of the Mac Computer(s) that you own or control, or (b) by multiple individuals on a single shared Mac Computer that you own or control. For example, a single employee may use the Apple Software on both the employee’s desktop Mac Computer and laptop Mac Computer, or multiple students may serially use the Apple Software on a single Mac Computer located at a resource center or library.
For complete details, read the Logic Pro software license agreement.
Interestingly, that actually precludes an absolutely essential part of my job, which is keeping several versions of Logic archived/installed concurrently on my production machine. I MUST use 10.4.8 to prepare live shows for one of my projects (including click tracks and pyro/flame programmings), since the stage machines there are still on that version.

My own stuff is done on 10.7.5.