Valhalla Supermassive

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

digitaldrummer
cryogenically thawing

Valhalla Supermassive

Post by digitaldrummer » Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:15 pm

I've probably said it before and I'm going to say it again, I love Valahalla's Supermassive! And it's free. It's amazing to me that two of my favorite things are free - TapeOP Magazine and Supermassive. Oh wait, and the air we breathe, so make it three. Anyway, carry on -- unless you haven't tried Supermassive yet and then go get it NOW (I have no affiliation, just a fan of free stuff that is actually useful)
Mike
www.studiodrumtracks.com -- Drum tracks starting at $50!
www.doubledogrecording.com

The Scum
moves faders with mind

Re: Valhalla Supermassive

Post by The Scum » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:22 pm

I remember ages ago, when Sean costello asked for some pointers on how reverb worked on the Synth-DIY mailing list. (or was it MusicDSP?) He certainly managed to get himself into a pretty comfortable position in that world.

He's also known for lifting the curtain about how different reverbs work - it used to be a secret recipe, and everyone had their own approach (some patented, some trade secret). Sean's blog posts, and various videos featuring him are great if you want to learn more about what's going on inside. There's a very good reverb roundtable from an AES event floating around.
"What fer?"
"Cat fur, to make kitten britches."