drumsound
zen recordist

Re: !

Post by drumsound » Thu May 11, 2023 12:08 am

trodden wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 9:55 am
drumsound wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 9:21 am
I've got the Monoprice boundary/pzm mics that I can't find on the site and a bunch of these headphones.
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=8323
And if you go the homepage, there's a 20% off $50 or more purchase with the code EXTRA 20

Harbour Freight is great for cases for mics as well. I have a few from them.
Interesting, and cheap! Are they "good enough for tracking" headphones?
Yeah, they sound good, and are tight around the head, so decent for minimizing bleed. The actual plastic is a little creeky and noisy, so I get a nicer set of Shure's for singers in the booth.

digitaldrummer
cryogenically thawing

Re: Monoprice tube mic for $120?

Post by digitaldrummer » Mon May 15, 2023 7:54 am

and those tube mics appear to be gone now...
Mike
www.studiodrumtracks.com -- Drum tracks starting at $50!
www.doubledogrecording.com

A.David.MacKinnon
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by A.David.MacKinnon » Mon May 15, 2023 8:14 am

digitaldrummer wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 7:54 am
The active ribbon is back though and back at the $99 price. Not as amazing a deal as it was at $25 but still well worth the money. I'll bet the tube mic comes back in a month or two.

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Re: !

Post by trodden » Mon May 15, 2023 4:08 pm

drumsound wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 12:08 am
trodden wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 9:55 am
drumsound wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 9:21 am
I've got the Monoprice boundary/pzm mics that I can't find on the site and a bunch of these headphones.
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=8323
And if you go the homepage, there's a 20% off $50 or more purchase with the code EXTRA 20

Harbour Freight is great for cases for mics as well. I have a few from them.
Interesting, and cheap! Are they "good enough for tracking" headphones?
Yeah, they sound good, and are tight around the head, so decent for minimizing bleed. The actual plastic is a little creeky and noisy, so I get a nicer set of Shure's for singers in the booth.

Great to hear because the ten Sennnheiser HD 202's that I purchased back in 2004 are getting really "flakey" with the rubber coating peeling off. Surprisingly, five or six out of the ten are still working!! Amazing for $20 headphones that get thrown around.

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Mon May 15, 2023 4:14 pm

A.David.MacKinnon wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 8:14 am
digitaldrummer wrote:
The active ribbon is back though and back at the $99 price. Not as amazing a deal as it was at $25 but still well worth the money. I'll bet the tube mic comes back in a month or two.
It was $25 at one point??? Holy fuck! Sounds good yeah? I wonder if just getting Jon at Shiny Box to make me a new ribbon would change anything, that's if anything needs to be upgraded.

Speaking of cheapo ribbons, I got to witness a pair of those ART AR5 active ribbons on guitar cabs and weren't bad at all!

A.David.MacKinnon
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by A.David.MacKinnon » Mon May 15, 2023 6:41 pm

trodden wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 4:14 pm
A.David.MacKinnon wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 8:14 am
digitaldrummer wrote:
It was $25 at one point??? Holy fuck! Sounds good yeah? I wonder if just getting Jon at Shiny Box to make me a new ribbon would change anything, that's if anything needs to be upgraded.

Speaking of cheapo ribbons, I got to witness a pair of those ART AR5 active ribbons on guitar cabs and weren't bad at all!
Yeah, they were blowing it out and then it was discontinued for a month or so. I got it at $50 and am still happy about it. A thinner ribbon might make it better but it's decent as is.
My brother has the Art AR5. I've used it on his steel a few times and been pretty happy with the results.

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Tue May 16, 2023 11:02 am

OT: So I was recording a buddy's band on Sat and scheduled 'em in at my regular band practice time and went there 40 minutes away only to find I was a cuppla hours early.

So I went to BanjoMart and bought a fancy US$10 string winder and Best Buy and bought nada and Harbor Freight and dropped about a hundo on misc shite.

But they had very cool cloth burglar bags half off (US$10) and they are excellent for transporting mic's and cables and stuff.

I only wish there was a Monoprice brick store around. :twisted:
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Wed May 17, 2023 10:04 am

vvv wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 11:02 am
OT: So I was recording a buddy's band on Sat and scheduled 'em in at my regular band practice time and went there 40 minutes away only to find I was a cuppla hours early.

So I went to BanjoMart and bought a fancy US$10 string winder and Best Buy and bought nada and Harbor Freight and dropped about a hundo on misc shite.

But they had very cool cloth burglar bags half off (US$10) and they are excellent for transporting mic's and cables and stuff.

That is why I resist going into Harbor Freight. Hell, even my regular local hardware store is difficult to get out of under a hundo.

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Thu May 18, 2023 8:05 am

trodden wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 10:04 am
vvv wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 11:02 am

That is why I resist going into Harbor Freight. Hell, even my regular local hardware store is difficult to get out of under a hundo.
Well, the cool thing is the burglar bags were cheap and serviceable so now I'm equipped to get summa that dosh back, if ya see what I mean. :high:
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.