That crazy keyboard drumming guy...

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
Knights Who Say Neve
buyin' a studio

Re: That crazy keyboard drumming guy...

Post by Knights Who Say Neve » Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:11 am

wardshorsehead wrote:
I sure hope you're trying to be funny 'cause this comment is racist as hell.
i don't think marcus was trying to be funny. i think he was trying point out to zep that stereotypes are inappropriate by raising the ante in his own retort.

yep.
Ok, I see what you mean. But still...
"What you're saying is, unlike all the other writers, if it was really new, you'd know it was new when you heard it, and you'd love it. <b>That's a hell of an assumption</b>". -B. Marsalis

AdamO
audio school graduate

Post by AdamO » Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:15 am

I don't think I will ever read the word "retort" without hearing Samuel L. Jacksons voice again. Love that part.
f**k live!
-C. Jennings, when asked "but how do I recreate this on stage?", on recording my last album.

EasyGo
buyin' a studio

Post by EasyGo » Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:52 am

This guy's gonna have to go up against Futureman from the Flecktones for a digital drum smackdown!

Marcus H.
pluggin' in mics

Post by Marcus H. » Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:19 pm

wardshorsehead wrote:
I sure hope you're trying to be funny 'cause this comment is racist as hell.
i don't think marcus was trying to be funny. i think he was trying point out to zep that stereotypes are inappropriate by raising the ante in his own retort.

yep.
yes...that's what i was doing.

Not that it is any more appropriate because of it, but I am black. I'm pretty sure that Zeppelin4Life didn't mean his comments as racist, but...what if i was asian. I'm thinking I might have felt a bit weird about that post, right?

I was just throwing in something further down the spiral to point out that the humorous intentions of a statement sometimes doesn't matter. As noted by the reaction to my own comments.

And Zep, so you know.....this messageboard being the only criteria I have to know anything about you, I think you're a good guy. I didn't and don't mean anything against you personally.

And to all else.....I still maintain what I wrote and why I wrote it, but I didn't need to. I should have been more thoughtful about that. Sorry...yeah...this is a messageboard about recording.

Mh.