backdoor.blarul and Reason.exe WTF??

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
CabreeToe
alignin' 24-trk

backdoor.blarul and Reason.exe WTF??

Post by CabreeToe » Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:32 pm

Ok, so I don't know how many of you use Reason. But Beware.

I started getting these weird return mail emails for things I didn't send. So I thought shit i got a virus. So I ran Norton overnight. This morning it told me I had three virus files. Infecting reason.exe recycle.exe and refil packer.exe Norton deleted these files.

So naturally I'm like What THE FUCK!! It said the virus was backdoor.blarul but symantec didn't have info on its site about it. None what so ever. Further WTF!? I searched around and posted on the propellerhead sight today was a warning about the backdoor.blarul propellerhead

This got me to thinkin do you thing this is a "Protection War" thing from a rival company generating a false defenition thus generating mistrust in Norton software. In an effort to make people switch to whatever company started this. Cause if so its working cause this make me not want to ever use Norton again.

Or is this just a massive fuck up from Symantec Nortons company.

Either way I'm pissed cause all three of those files are gone and I'm gonna have to waste time fixing and re-installing all of those programs.

All because I was trying to maintain my computer.

Fuck. I'm pissed

FUCK!!!

literati
gimme a little kick & snare

Re: backdoor.blarul and Reason.exe WTF??

Post by literati » Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:57 pm

I don't trust Norton stuff to do anything automatically anymore, having lost a bunch of stuff unnecessarily over the years.

I still use Norton, but I've turned off all the "Automatically delete" features, and I always double check it with something else.

It's a bummer.

Cheerio,
Literati,
occasionally known as Michael

Dingo
pushin' record

Re: backdoor.blarul and Reason.exe WTF??

Post by Dingo » Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:38 pm

whoops. Same thing happened to me too.