Famous synth sounds of The Who

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
Electricide
dead but not forgotten

Re: Famous synth sounds of The Who

Post by Electricide » Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:08 am

It's documented in the sleeve of my who's greatest hits cd that the baba o'riley part was the result of a program Pete created to use a person's characteristics and personality traits to produce a melody representative of that person, in this case Baba. Not sure how that translated over to the Lowery.

As far as that Alesis Ion, Apropos of Nothing has also sung it's praises as the greatest analog emulator he's heard.

Christopher
audio school

Post by Christopher » Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:52 pm

Where's the link to the webpage?
SOrry I missed it somewhere.
soundguy wrote:that guys got a cool webpage, you can build yourself up a simple repeater, farfisa, kay, vox all made repeat boxes that are pretty easy to build. The kay trem as its called, is simple and easy, and the schematic floating around is accurate. the widely publised vox repat percussion schem is totally wrong...

dave

littlebrothersclothes
pushin' record

Post by littlebrothersclothes » Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:00 pm

Electricide wrote:It's documented in the sleeve of my who's greatest hits cd that the baba o'riley part was the result of a program Pete created to use a person's characteristics and personality traits to produce a melody representative of that person, in this case Baba. Not sure how that translated over to the Lowery.
Baba O'Riley is all ARP2500 modular, part sequenced (presumably this is the "Pete's Program" part), part played-by-hand; Won't Get Fooled Again is the Lowrey through an EMS filter.

Doug

b3groover
deaf.

Post by b3groover » Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:47 pm

Why not get the real thing?

http://www.synthtech.com/motm.html