How many crappy albums have you bought?

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.

Ever purchased an album (on whatever format) and got it home to find upon listening that boy this album sucks? How many times has this happened to you in the last ten years?

1-10
32%
11-20
19%
21-30
9%
31-40
11%
41-50
30%

Total votes: 47

dubold
steve albini likes it

Re: How many crappy albums have you bought?

Post by dubold » Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:30 am

yeah, i think the internets help me sift out a lot of stuff. also I'd rather buy gear than music. well, no. maybe. I'm not sure. But I think I tend to be a lot less indiscriminate now. I've sorted through bin after bin of cutouts and drek from used record stores, and bought things because they were cheap or humorous or both. and i have some real stinkers. but that sort of curtailed itself over time. Now it takes more than a hilarious title or "hey, i think i need this robyn hitchcock 12" single" for me to pull out the billfold.

although not much more.

honestly, I think I buy less music now because I don't drive a car. that was my primary location to practice singing along and field-test mix tapes, as well as audition music. Now I have to actually sit down and listen in the living room.

at one point I told myself I would never sell a record or cd I've purchased, because I wanted to keep a sort of fossil record of my musical "taste". I've stuck to that pretty well so far.