Ignorance

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
Mr. Dipity
carpal tunnel

Re: Ignorance

Post by Mr. Dipity » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:55 pm

nipsy wrote:
joeysimms wrote:
nipsy wrote:next time any clown starts bitching about the lack of pt, sit them down and make them listen to "revolver"......
.. and then i'll ask you where the george martin, geoff emerick, 1" studer, fairchild, and gorgeous tracking room are..

my point exactly, no pro tools.....................................
His point exactly - no george martin, geoff emerick, 1" studer, fairchild or gorgeous tracking room

Armchair
audio school graduate

Post by Armchair » Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:59 pm

Maybe he just heard what you have done before, and thought you were rubbish...has that ever crossed you're mind? you lost a job, big deal!, take it on the chin and stop being a fucking cry baby about it.

rtopia
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by rtopia » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:11 pm

Armchair wrote:Maybe he just heard what you have done before, and thought you were rubbish...has that ever crossed you're mind? you lost a job, big deal!, take it on the chin and stop being a fucking cry baby about it.
ouch...

Everybody - go easy when you flame him - he looks too new to know better

- r

cgarges
zen recordist

Post by cgarges » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:15 pm

Armchair wrote:Maybe he just heard what you have done before, and thought you were rubbish...has that ever crossed you're mind? you lost a job, big deal!, take it on the chin and stop being a fucking cry baby about it.
He HAD heard what I've done before. Before we even went to the studio, asshole. I suspect that's why he wanted to meet with me and see one of the fucking rooms I recommended. In fact, I talked to the dude today and it looks like the job is happening. If you're gonna start logging in to this board to just be a total cock to those of us opinionated dudes who happen to do this for a living, whatever.

Chris

Armchair
audio school graduate

Post by Armchair » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:16 pm

akaromeo1 wrote:
ouch...

Everybody - go easy when you flame him - he looks too new to know better

- r
And maybe you are either too stupid?, or too much of an ass licker to see the wood from the tree's, guy bummed him out, who cares about sorry fucking excuses?.. get over it.

Armchair
audio school graduate

Post by Armchair » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:23 pm

cgarges wrote:
He HAD heard what I've done before. Before we even went to the studio, asshole. I suspect that's why he wanted to meet with me and see one of the fucking rooms I recommended. In fact, I talked to the dude today and it looks like the job is happening. If you're gonna start logging in to this board to just be a total cock to those of us opinionated dudes who happen to do this for a living, whatever.

Chris

Just because i'm new to this board, doesn't mean that I am new to recording, if you're shite, there's no need to take it out on me.
Last edited by Armchair on Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rtopia
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by rtopia » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:23 pm

Armchair wrote:And maybe you are either too stupid?, or too much of an ass licker to see the wood from the tree's, guy bummed him out, who cares about sorry fucking excuses?.. get over it.
whatever - troll...

- r

fremitus
pushin' record

Post by fremitus » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:36 pm

well well. testy stuff. good to see... my two cents?
at least chris has the balls to put up contact information and isn't a faceless boob spouting junk for attention. that being said, if the guy blows you off for no pro tools, it's a bummer, but a reality. the truth is you can put a really simple ProTools LE setup into the studio to accomodate just such a situation or for anyone who must have it. I generally record to a Tascam MX2424 at my primary studio and I refer to it as 'pro-tools' compatible or 'pro-tools friendly' all the time. because they ask. even if they can't fade thye volume on their home stereo, they know how to mouth the words 'pro tools'. i keep a simple ProTools setup on my laptop to keep my chops up on it and to say that it's available if necessary which it almost never is.

dix

b3groover
deaf.

Post by b3groover » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:13 pm

Armchair wrote:
cgarges wrote:

Chris

Just because i'm new to this board, doesn't mean that I am new to recording, if you're shite, there's no need to take it out on me.
Being a newbie does, however, mean that you've contributed nothing to this board except insulting a poster who has contributed a lot of knowledge.

Makes you kind of look like a shithead. Which you probably are.

nipsy
pushin' record

Post by nipsy » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:16 pm

sserendipity wrote:
nipsy wrote:
joeysimms wrote:
nipsy wrote:next time any clown starts bitching about the lack of pt, sit them down and make them listen to "revolver"......
.. and then i'll ask you where the george martin, geoff emerick, 1" studer, fairchild, and gorgeous tracking room are..

my point exactly, no pro tools.....................................
His point exactly - no george martin, geoff emerick, 1" studer, fairchild or gorgeous tracking room

george martin was the lucky one, not vice versa....

theslumlord
takin' a dinner break

Post by theslumlord » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:16 pm

Armchair wrote:
cgarges wrote:

Chris

I guess it's OK for Armpit to assume that Chris's client thought he sucked(when he didn't), but it's not OK for Chris to assume things about you. Sometimes being 15 is really hard for Armpit.

Armchair
audio school graduate

Post by Armchair » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:22 pm

I guess it's OK for Armpit to assume that Chris's client thought he sucked(when he didn't), but it's not OK for Chris to assume things about you. Sometimes being 15 is really hard for Armpit.[/quote]

How do you know?, where you in his studio?, No you were not, shut the fuck up jerk.

gevermil
takin' a dinner break

Post by gevermil » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:34 pm

holy shit

I didnt know cristina ricci had such great tits

red cross
buyin' gear

Post by red cross » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:39 pm

How do you know?, where you in his studio?, No you were not, shut the fuck up jerk.
Naw. YOU shut the fuck up, pigfucker. Goddam cunt.