Ignorance

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
Mr. Dipity
carpal tunnel

Re: Ignorance

Post by Mr. Dipity » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:46 pm

theslumlord wrote:
Armchair wrote:I guess it's OK for Armpit to assume that Chris's client thought he sucked(when he didn't), but it's not OK for Chris to assume things about you. Sometimes being 15 is really hard for Armpit.
How do you know?, where you in his studio?, No you were not, shut the fuck up jerk.
I'll buy two and I can pay.

lobstman
buyin' gear

Post by lobstman » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:05 pm

cgarges wrote:If you're gonna start logging in to this board to just be a total cock to those of us opinionated dudes who happen to do this for a living, whatever.
It always sucks when somebody comes in and takes a big dump in the punchbowl, but if you don't feed the trolls, they'll get hungry or bored and go away.
Steve Albini used to like it

soundguy
ghost haunting audio students

Post by soundguy » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:56 pm

lobstman-

any chance of you changing your avatar to beaker? those two guys in the balcony never did anything for me.

beaker kinda rules.

dave
http://www.glideonfade.com
one hundred percent discrete transistor recording with style and care.

lobstman
buyin' gear

Post by lobstman » Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:38 am

soundguy wrote:lobstman-

any chance of you changing your avatar to beaker?
Sorry Dave, but I've found that my online personality has stemmed almost entirely from my avatar. In real life, I'm a 14 year old Eskimo girl who lives in an igloo above the arctic circle and is a huge Ashlee Simpson fan.
Steve Albini used to like it

joeysimms
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by joeysimms » Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:16 am

nipsy wrote:
sserendipity wrote:
nipsy wrote:
joeysimms wrote:
nipsy wrote:next time any clown starts bitching about the lack of pt, sit them down and make them listen to "revolver"......
.. and then i'll ask you where the george martin, geoff emerick, 1" studer, fairchild, and gorgeous tracking room are..

my point exactly, no pro tools.....................................
His point exactly - no george martin, geoff emerick, 1" studer, fairchild or gorgeous tracking room
george martin was the lucky one, not vice versa....
I don't think the beatles would say that.. or, rather, I think the beatles felt extremely lucky to have someone like George martin to realize their every musical whim. Don't get me wrong, i love the beatles, and i believe they could make any standard chord progression sound like gold, but my main point was that if you go ahead and put the beatles' Revolver on to show / prove to me the power of analog recording over PT, you may be digging yourself a hole because you very most likely do NOT have all the other capable help that surrounded the fab four.

As far as Armchair, if you guys who make your living doing audio cannot take a little flak and knocking down off of your self-erected pedastals, then maybe you ain't all that "pro" to begin with.
beware bee wear

soundguy

Post by soundguy » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:06 am

lobstman wrote:
soundguy wrote:lobstman-

any chance of you changing your avatar to beaker?
Sorry Dave, but I've found that my online personality has stemmed almost entirely from my avatar. In real life, I'm a 14 year old Eskimo girl who lives in an igloo above the arctic circle and is a huge Ashlee Simpson fan.
dude, (dudet) you should really reconsider, beaker totally rules.

dave

nipsy
pushin' record

Post by nipsy » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:24 pm

joeysimms wrote:
nipsy wrote:
sserendipity wrote:
nipsy wrote:
joeysimms wrote:
nipsy wrote:next time any clown starts bitching about the lack of pt, sit them down and make them listen to "revolver"......
.. and then i'll ask you where the george martin, geoff emerick, 1" studer, fairchild, and gorgeous tracking room are..

my point exactly, no pro tools.....................................
His point exactly - no george martin, geoff emerick, 1" studer, fairchild or gorgeous tracking room
george martin was the lucky one, not vice versa....
I don't think the beatles would say that.. or, rather, I think the beatles felt extremely lucky to have someone like George martin to realize their every musical whim. Don't get me wrong, i love the beatles, and i believe they could make any standard chord progression sound like gold, but my main point was that if you go ahead and put the beatles' Revolver on to show / prove to me the power of analog recording over PT, you may be digging yourself a hole because you very most likely do NOT have all the other capable help that surrounded the fab four.

quote]

i think you're missing the point, atleast my point. i didnt know fairchilds & studers made you better muscian/songwriters?

bad_dude_69
re-cappin' neve

Post by bad_dude_69 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:56 pm

medicate? oh, i thought you said "meditate."

soundguy

Post by soundguy » Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:08 pm

most people dont realize that beaker is the grown up version of the baby from eraserhead.

dave