A question for Jeff

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
Lud Balthazar
audio school graduate

A question for Jeff

Post by Lud Balthazar » Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:42 am

Jeff,

If our band submit a demo to you and you dont like it.., do we get our 35 dollars back. And if not, then what are we getting for our money, like period???

Lud.
"I am the chosen one"

soundguy
ghost haunting audio students

Re: A question for Jeff

Post by soundguy » Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:56 am

I believe the idea is that you get a critique on unsolicited material.

some people do this for a living. when you send your unsolicited material to some labels, they dont even not open it and throw it away, it just gets refused and returned to sender. If you have a reason to respect jr's opinion, its not the most outlandish offer out there.

dave
http://www.glideonfade.com
one hundred percent discrete transistor recording with style and care.

Lud Balthazar
audio school graduate

Post by Lud Balthazar » Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:33 am

A rip off then....

Lud
"I am the chosen one"

todd
pushin' record

Post by todd » Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:41 am

-A rip off then....
some band's really need some direction from a "producer" or someone who has more experience with arrangements. let's face it, just because you have some good parts compiled into a song it could most likely be a little better (or a lot).
i've definitely seen jeff post some annoying shit (as well as very insightful shit as wel) l on here, but i tend to support him on this one.
i get more irritated with musicians whose ego's won't welcome constructive critcism from an unbiased source. unfortunately, good taste is one of the hardest things to learn and most people don't have it.

on another note, $35 is not that much money to spend on an outside opinion and if people are willing to pay jeff for his objective view i say more power to him.

how much are you going to pay someone to "produce" your album? of course that's a whole other can of worms.

thanks,
todd

Lud Balthazar
audio school graduate

Post by Lud Balthazar » Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:36 am

todd wrote:
-A rip off then....
some band's really need some direction from a "producer" or someone who has more experience with arrangements. let's face it, just because you have some good parts compiled into a song it could most likely be a little better (or a lot).
i've definitely seen jeff post some annoying shit (as well as very insightful shit as wel) l on here, but i tend to support him on this one.
i get more irritated with musicians whose ego's won't welcome constructive critcism from an unbiased source. unfortunately, good taste is one of the hardest things to learn and most people don't have it.

on another note, $35 is not that much money to spend on an outside opinion and if people are willing to pay jeff for his objective view i say more power to him.

how much are you going to pay someone to "produce" your album? of course that's a whole other can of worms.

thanks,
todd

Todd, were you born with "Mug" tatooed on your forehead, or are you just fuckn stupid?

Lud.
"I am the chosen one"

bobbydj
on a wing and a prayer

Post by bobbydj » Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:02 am

:rofl:
Bobby D. Jones
Producer/Engineer
(Wives with Knives, Tyrone P. Spink, Potemkin Villagers et al)

todd
pushin' record

Post by todd » Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:00 am

Todd, were you born with "Mug" tatooed on your forehead, or are you just fuckn stupid?
this is what i'm taking about...no taste. not to mention very uncalled for. i never said that i personally gave my $35 to jeff robinson for his services, but i am not afraid to ask people that i trust and respect for opinions regarding music i'm working on.

i guess that your music is god's gift to the world and you don't need (and won't take) any help or outside criticsim...sounds pretty amateur to me.

i guess i'm not part of the "ripping on jeff r". clique around here though...the joke is old, and really wasn't ever funny to me. no taste.

thanks,
todd

trashy
dead but not forgotten

Post by trashy » Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:25 am

Lud Balthazar wrote:Jeff,

If our band submit a demo to you and you dont like it.., do we get our 35 dollars back. And if not, then what are we getting for our money, like period???

Lud.
Okay, how's this then? You send me your demo and $35. Regardless of how I feel, I'll tell you I like it. I can keep your money then, right?

Listen, I've been known to argue and poke fun at JR with the best of them, but you're just being fucking ridiculous. I think you're getting the service he provides confused with submitting your demo to a record company in hopes of getting a record contract. Jeff is offering his experience as a producer to tell you your weaknesses and give you ideas about how you can make your demo stronger. If that's not what you want, then don't pay for it.

That'll be $35...

soundguy

Post by soundguy » Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:20 am

Lud Balthazar wrote:Todd, were you born with "Mug" tatooed on your forehead, or are you just fuckn stupid?

Lud, is there an amount of money we can pay you perhaps to NOT give us opinions like these?

that would be worth $35 to me.

dave
http://www.glideonfade.com
one hundred percent discrete transistor recording with style and care.

Lud Balthazar
audio school graduate

Post by Lud Balthazar » Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:33 am

Judging by this reaction, I gather you all have a steak in Jeff's get rich quick scheme then...what a bunch of morons..

Lud.
"I am the chosen one"

dwelle
buyin' a studio

Post by dwelle » Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:37 am

troll.

maybe the next tapeopn...

E-Rock
pushin' record

Post by E-Rock » Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:38 am

The fact that you are so hung up on it makes me wonder if you have to much free time on your hands. :lol:
Go record something....

JohnDavisNYC

Post by JohnDavisNYC » Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:39 am

Lud. so, you only want to pay him to like your music? not critique it?

you are stupid. a "steak" in his claim? yes, we get large slabs of meat out of this deal. learn how to speak english.

if you don't want to get critiqued, don't send him money and a cd. it's pretty simple, really.
i like to make music with music and stuff and things.

http://www.thebunkerstudio.com/

MoreSpaceEcho
zen recordist

Post by MoreSpaceEcho » Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:41 am

ahem.

lud.

you meant "stake".

nice work.

Lud Balthazar
audio school graduate

Post by Lud Balthazar » Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:59 am

No! i meant "Steak!" cause you'll all be dining on it at 35 dollars a pop...

Lud
"I am the chosen one"