Soundscape press release..look out!!

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
Randall
pushin' record

Re: Soundscape press release..look out!!

Post by Randall » Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:48 am

Dont matter, there were working on the US website yesterday, I was a little off on my translation..not much..here it is..awsome.

http://www.sydec.be/News/Press/?ID=e7e3 ... 8a60e314b2
"tune that thing son"

Randall
pushin' record

Post by Randall » Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:52 am

I have no idea about pricing..but historicaly, these guys have been very fair and competitve...this is truly a "take it to the next level" kind of deal.
"tune that thing son"

wayne kerr
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by wayne kerr » Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:58 am

But will it RECORD RAP????

CC
PP
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
-Hunter S. Thompson

Randall
pushin' record

Post by Randall » Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:41 am

It will record the funkiest, nastiest, hip hop and Rap the world has ever heard brother, there is full support for the Giga Sampler and VST, that would include VSTI's and you wont even need a second computer to reliably run Giga sampler on it..HA HA HA..the future is here!!!!!!!
"tune that thing son"

kcrusher
tinnitus

Post by kcrusher » Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:14 pm

Yeah, but you still have to deal with Windoze...
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.
- Hunter S. Thompson

Randall
pushin' record

Post by Randall » Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:00 pm

Must be another one of those caught underneath the Big Thumb of Digidesign and Apple.. :cry: !!! How do you like your summing in PT? Thin and Crispy? :lol:
"tune that thing son"

spiral
re-cappin' neve

Post by spiral » Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:12 pm

Randall wrote::cry: !!! How do you like your summing in PT? Thin and Crispy? :lol:
How do you like your spare time spent? Editing registries and bios?

Can by tractor on [ Stream 11-12 ] your first going attempts as DJ make. Mind you: Everything at the same time!

Cellotron
tinnitus

Post by Cellotron » Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:36 pm

While I think Randall is being a little bit on the, ummm, overzealous side here - I have to agree with him on the outstanding quality of the Soundscape/Sydec products. I've been using the Mixtreme cards for years in conjunction with the PC native SAWStudio software and the results are excellent. Incredibly low latency MME, WDM, ASIO2, GSIF driver support for all flavors of Windows, on board DSP allows for an incredible real time virtual mixer that can send any of your app's inputs and outputs to any other app, zero latency input monitoring built in, and proprietary high quality plugins. Recently I think RME Audio's offerings have eclipsed Soundscape's as best choices for PC Native DAW's as the Mixtreme had to have receive an external superclock to record at 96kHz - but with these new products that update everything into 21st Century with built in 192kHz support, a huge amount of DSP, MADI support, integration of VST plugins, and other cool options, I think they really are giving RME (and pretty much everyone else) a run for their money.

also - the ADDA2408-R is a rebranded DAD 2408 - one of the best sounding 8 channel micpre/AD/DA combo boxes I've heard. Right now the DAD2408 is around $5500 in the US - I have a feeling the Sydec rebranded box will be less.

btw - I use both Mac & Windows DAW's - and I have had much better stability on my Windows2k/SAWStudio box than I have experienced with any Apple rig. Other's mileage might vary.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Randall
pushin' record

Post by Randall » Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:02 pm

Maybe a little overzelous, LOL, I am tickled to see this company come back in the game so strong after the Mackie fiasco, The Mixtreme card was the best audio card I've ever used and if it wasn't for the fact I needed 96K, I would still use one. The configurable mixer is more powerful than any software or hardware mixer I've used and the drivers were great. Needless to say I'm extremeley interested in Soundscape's new products. Oh and BTW, their support was always better than any I've experienced, just mostly depends at what level of quality you wish to produce really, want top notch, first rate sound quality and the most flexible, powerfull, soundcard around that probably won't be equaled, rivaled or surpassed for quite some time, possibly years?..here she is!!
"tune that thing son"

Randall
pushin' record

Post by Randall » Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:05 pm

spiral wrote:
Randall wrote::cry: !!! How do you like your summing in PT? Thin and Crispy? :lol:
How do you like your spare time spent? Editing registries and bios?

Can by tractor on [ Stream 11-12 ] your first going attempts as DJ make. Mind you: Everything at the same time!
You'll have to ask the guys using PTLE for an answer to that question, I wouldn't touch it :shock:
"tune that thing son"

spiral
re-cappin' neve

Post by spiral » Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:12 pm

Randall wrote:You'll have to ask the guys using PTLE for an answer to that question, I wouldn't touch it :shock:
What does the instability/insecurity of Windows have to do with ProTools? I don't use either.

Randall
pushin' record

Post by Randall » Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:15 pm

it's not Windows that is unstable, it's the crap people load onto it. piss poor drivers for underdeveloped hardware and poorly designed software is the issue way more so than Windows itself. people load a bazillion BS programs and run outdated drivers and wonder why they have issues :shock:
"tune that thing son"

spiral
re-cappin' neve

Post by spiral » Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:29 pm

Randall wrote:it's not Windows that is unstable, it's the crap people load onto it. piss poor drivers for underdeveloped hardware and poorly designed software is the issue way more so than Windows itself. people load a bazillion BS programs and run outdated drivers and wonder why they have issues :shock:
That is sorta like saying if people didn't use their machines for anything useful, they wouldn't ever have issues. That is kinda the point, and the reality. But i hope this new hardware + software is very stable and it lives up to all you hope it will be. As long as some music is being recorded, it will be a good thing.

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Post by joel hamilton » Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:25 pm

"Meaning, he thinks it'll never actually ship as a product. I'd personally to see zero latency in the digital world. That's my biggest beef with digital. Latency sux. "

I dont have any latency issues with my protools HD3 rig, and it runs day in and day out with no problems.

I would love to read more about this soundscape program. Sounds neat!

I dont like PC's, but that is just personal preference. Whatever.

Anyone hear anything more about this?

arcane
audio school

Post by arcane » Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:42 pm

Randall wrote:... if it wasn't for the fact I needed 96K, I would still use one.
For what do you need 96k?

Bob
"Things should be described as simply as possible but no simpler."

A. Einstein