delay again

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
kristopher612
gettin' sounds

delay again

Post by kristopher612 » Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:59 pm

has anyone heard or tried out the Boss DD-20 twin pedal? i just lost my 2nd guitar player, and need a way to do soudn on sound live, easily. i'm also not totally happy with my delay. it does the pitch thing when i mess with the the time knob, but i want the delays to finish after i shut the thing off, and i would also like to be able to bounce the delays between two amps(both will be peavey classic 50s). is there anything else that is good and in this price range. i prefer pedals, unless a rack unit with easily accessible knobs and a footswitch are available.
the looping can be anywhere from 4 seconds up, and the delay should be able to do up to 1 second.
i will not use the line 6 dl4, and i'd prefer to stay away from the Digitech XDD DigiDelay after hearing a clip of it and the horror stories. any help would be much appreciated.

inverseroom
on a wing and a prayer

Re: delay again

Post by inverseroom » Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:04 pm

I like the DD-20 a lot, but I ended up unloading because when you make a loop, and stop it, it's gone forever. You can't loop the verse of a song, then stop it for the chorus, and then start it again. This makes the looping function completely useless for me. The delays are great though. I'm gonna get a loopstation for the looping...

kristopher612
gettin' sounds

Re: delay again

Post by kristopher612 » Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:42 pm

cool, have you tried the loop station, and what do you think about it. i'd like to get a loop thingy, but can't afford both at once, so if i get one it'll either be the RC-20, or the Boomerang. Any thoughts on that?