Avril Lavigne's roots

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
Rodgre
carpal tunnel

Avril Lavigne's roots

Post by Rodgre » Wed May 12, 2004 8:33 am

Please tell me that someone on this board knows the URL for that site which chronicled Avril's transformation from smiley teeny star search wannabe to pouty, angry white female.

It was a site put up by her original manager or producer....

Roger

@?,*???&?
on a wing and a prayer

Re: Avril Lavigne's roots

Post by @?,*???&? » Wed May 12, 2004 10:33 am

Scotsman Graeme Edwards and his wife Loren Christie are the producers. Loren had a deal with Mercury for a while back in the 90's as a solo artist. Graeme was the bass player in the Rembrandts. Both, I believe are managed as 'the Matrix' by Sandy Roberton at World's End. As for the Avril site, I haven't a clue...

i am monster face
buyin' gear

Post by i am monster face » Wed May 12, 2004 10:40 am

i heard rumors that the bassist for Avril was the bassist for the hardcore/Screamo band "Grade". Is there any truth in this? Grade was awsome. I'm not a fan of Avril.

mingus2112
re-cappin' neve

Post by mingus2112 » Wed May 12, 2004 10:57 am

time to chime in ( i seem to do that every so often). . .don't know where to find the info you're looking for, but the matrix ROCKS! they are the best production team i've heard for pop music these days.

why are you looking for the avril info? anything specific?

-J

Rick Hunter
dead but not forgotten

Post by Rick Hunter » Wed May 12, 2004 11:27 am

I dont know, The Matrix was responsible for the last Liz Phare album.

Hot white cum is probably the worst song in the world.

awolski
buyin' gear

Post by awolski » Wed May 12, 2004 12:22 pm

I seem to remember seeing that long ago. People couldn't figure out if it was for real or a joke site. I can't remember how to find the site, but I remember an anti-Britney slogan being really prominent on the page. So maybe some Google searches with "(insert various derogatory words) Britney" might get you there.

I'm definitely not an Avril fan. I don't even think she's hot despite her youngness. I do like the story about when she introduced David Bowie on an awards show (I think one of those MTV music award shows), the way she said his last name rhymed with "wowie". Can someone really be that clueless or was this another stunt?

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Wed May 12, 2004 12:38 pm

wasn't her demo stuff country???
before the marketing machine spit her out as an angry youth hot topic ad.

kcrusher
tinnitus

Post by kcrusher » Wed May 12, 2004 12:50 pm

she's a talentless little twat.

and i'm being nice when i say that.
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.
- Hunter S. Thompson

ryan_c
steve albini likes it

Post by ryan_c » Wed May 12, 2004 12:54 pm

i am monster face wrote:i heard rumors that the bassist for Avril was the bassist for the hardcore/Screamo band "Grade". Is there any truth in this? Grade was awsome. I'm not a fan of Avril.
The Avril Lavigne's bass player was indeed in Grade, but I'm almost positive he was the drummer. I think that's hilarious. Grade started seriously sucking when they signed to Victory and started recording radio versions of their songs in an effort to make it big.
YOU CAN'T ESCAPE THE DANGER!

i am monster face
buyin' gear

Post by i am monster face » Wed May 12, 2004 12:59 pm

Yes, Grade was awsome prior to victory, although Under The Radar was one of the coolest albums to come out of the underground late 90's. Just so everyone knows...this is a real site. I came across it a few weeks ago while doing a report on the marketing and popularizations of the underground/indie culture in America and how the mainstream latches onto indie concepts and whores them out as original and spontaneous. This website makes me sick.

http://www.avrilution.com

Ian Aeillo

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Wed May 12, 2004 1:05 pm

Yo monster face..

fuck dude, that website just made my hang over even worse... that is sickening.... we are all doomed. advil lasagna is the marketing devil spawn.

I'd like to read your report.

Brian Brock
buyin' a studio

Post by Brian Brock » Wed May 12, 2004 1:25 pm

If you're interested in this kind of thing, you should consider checking out John Corbett's book, Extended Play

Family Hoof
buyin' a studio

Post by Family Hoof » Wed May 12, 2004 2:30 pm

awolski wrote:I do like the story about when she introduced David Bowie on an awards show (I think one of those MTV music award shows), the way she said his last name rhymed with "wowie". Can someone really be that clueless or was this another stunt?
I heard a rumour that she didn't even know who Nirvana were until one of the hired band mates gave her an album as a gift. In that case, yes, it would seem she really is that clueless.

marqueemoon
carpal tunnel

Post by marqueemoon » Wed May 12, 2004 2:58 pm

i am monster face wrote:http://www.avrilution.com
:kotzen: :kotzen: :kotzen: :kotzen: :kotzen: :kotzen:
I the prostitute, shall not hide...
But I was very much bothered with my work!

awolski
buyin' gear

Post by awolski » Wed May 12, 2004 3:29 pm

From the Avrilution (tm):

"Tired carbon copy popstars have been rammed down our throats, we have been subjected to hollow, empty music, promulgated not by an organic process of audience resonance and promotion-- but foisted upon us by corporate behemoths driven by greed. Their lyrics are inane, their intellect vacuous. They seek neither to enlighten nor to commiserate. They have no empathy for our angst. Like a pack of wolves they viciously seek only to exploit what they perceive to be the vulnerability of an impressionable mind."

Well, yeah, I guess I'd feel that way if I had been listening to her music all day.

Anyway, we're all gonna get busted for off-topic posting so I'll shut up now. Besides, I have to go puke.