Neil Young "Everybody's Rockin" --> Wonderin

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
cashed checks
gimme a little kick & snare

Neil Young "Everybody's Rockin" --> Wonderin

Post by cashed checks » Sun May 16, 2004 7:37 pm

caught the video for this in the super early hours this weekend. i'm not mr "neil young superfan" or anything but do own all the manditory releases by him. this seems like such wrong turn, but the good type of wrong turn. i'm thinking of ordering it from amazon based only on this one song that has been stuck in my head for 24 hours now(even showed up in a dream, think big lebowski musical number).

Does anyone own this record and can you give me more than the "a sub-par dissappointing record" kinda thing please?

is this a guity pleasure kind of record?

ampguy
buyin' a studio

Re: Neil Young "Everybody's Rockin" --> Wonderi

Post by ampguy » Sun May 16, 2004 8:45 pm

there are actually several videos from this album/cd. i think they'd most likely to be found in the early morning/very late evening ;) you should probably own 1 copy of the album/cd, but not more than 1.

Spark
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by Spark » Sun May 16, 2004 8:49 pm

Man... Neil looked so messed up in that video. Id love to see it again.

AstroDan
george martin

Post by AstroDan » Mon May 17, 2004 1:22 pm

That's the 50's sounding recording, right? It's pretty neat from an engineering perspective, what with all the slapback and other era related nuances. I think the songs are passable, not great, but Neil's voice goes well with the 'doo-wop' feel. I would pick it up if the price is reasonable.
"I have always tried to present myself as the type of person who enjoys watching dudes fight other dudes with iron claws."