Tascam MM1

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
TimT
audio school

Tascam MM1

Post by TimT » Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:14 am

This mixer features MIDI sceen control. What is that? Anone have exp. with this mixer?

blacklodge ed
audio school graduate

Re: Tascam MM1

Post by blacklodge ed » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:46 pm

it's been years, but from what i recall, the mutes were the only thing you could control via midi. you store different mute 'scenes' on the mixer itself and recall them via midi using your sequencer. hope this helps.

NewAndImprov
re-cappin' neve

Post by NewAndImprov » Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:55 pm

TimT wrote:This mixer features MIDI sceen control. What is that? Anone have exp. with this mixer?
All of the channels could be muted via MIDI. You could recall mute snapshots via program changes. Also, you could mute/unmute channels via MIDI notes, if I recall correctly, each channel was assigned to a specific note, and a high velocity note-on would mute the channel, low velocity would unmute, might be the other way around. When I had one, I wrote a MAX patch that sent continuous streams of note-ons to it, while running synth drones on each channel, kind of like instant musique concrete...

covert
pushin' record

Post by covert » Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:02 am

Mute automation by midi. About 4 stereo channels, the rest mono. Decent aux setup, and direct outs. Somewhat noisey. Center of my keyboard rig, which doesn't get much use.
"when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."