screen printing for mic pre

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
versuviusx
re-cappin' neve

screen printing for mic pre

Post by versuviusx » Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:57 am

hi i was wondering if anyone knew how much it would cost around(estimation) for screen printing for a mic pre. i'm thinking all i need is the word gain, phantom power, phase, and pad, and power.
also if anyone knows of a place online that gives great deals please let me know. thanks
david

kdarr
buyin' gear

Re: screen printing for mic pre

Post by kdarr » Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:23 am

versuviusx wrote:hi i was wondering if anyone knew how much it would cost around(estimation) for screen printing for a mic pre. i'm thinking all i need is the word gain, phantom power, phase, and pad, and power.
also if anyone knows of a place online that gives great deals please let me know. thanks
david
Why not just carve up a few cardboard stencils, and paint it on yourself? Save yourself some cash.

|<|>|

magnetictape
audio school graduate

Post by magnetictape » Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:41 am

I'm not sure about prices as they correspond directly to design complexity, but: front panel express has downloadable software you can use to design a panel, and they manufacture it. I'd guess it won't be a great deal unless you're ordering a bulk quantity.

Scodiddly
speech impediment

Post by Scodiddly » Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:48 am

Print up reverse (seen from behind) graphics, then get your local copy shop to print it on transparency stock. Then stick it onto your panel, backwards so that the printed side is protected.

Or just get those little vinyl letters... I used to do a lot with those back in the 80's.

civiljar
pluggin' in mics

Post by civiljar » Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:26 am

if you know any art students you can have them do it, it's easy if you have the screen and the photoemulsion or you could get those little punchy label maker things that you squeeze each letter into the plastic tape those are sooo punk rock.
adam
Regards, adam
see the special cowboy ride at,
www.uvm.edu/~aconlon/sc/scmain.html

wowandflutter
takin' a dinner break

Post by wowandflutter » Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:18 pm

maybe somebody down at the LAB can help:
http://www.prodigy-pro.com/forum/index.php

xonlocust
tinnitus

Post by xonlocust » Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:29 pm

the process of screen printing is pretty easy. i have a handful of friends who screen print and could do this for you pretty cheaply. PM me if you're interested. all you'd need is the properly sized design and the front plate to print it on.

the nice thing about that front panel place is the lettering is engraved and you get the pieces cut out exactly as you need them.

Rigsby
mixes from purgatory

Post by Rigsby » Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:47 pm

Scodiddly wrote:Print up reverse (seen from behind) graphics, then get your local copy shop to print it on transparency stock. Then stick it onto your panel, backwards so that the printed side is protected.
Yeah, this very cheap and easy, gets my vote.
The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

rigsbysmith.com