SHUTUP AHHHHHHHHH

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
markpar
george martin

Re: SHUTUP AHHHHHHHHH

Post by markpar » Fri May 09, 2003 11:30 pm

AstroDan wrote:Oh, and keep us posted on what your Foreigner cover band is up to. I'm dying.
Ouch!!

Score a point for AstroDan. :D

-mark

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Post by wing » Fri May 09, 2003 11:48 pm

AstroDan wrote:Hey UpsideYoHead, couldn't find a date for Friday night...AGAIN? Decided to take time out from the "all I know of pop culture is what my close minded, dickhead friends tell me" chat forum? Well, thanks for stopping by and pigeon holing the whole lot of us. What insight! Oh, and keep us posted on what your Foreigner cover band is up to. I'm dying.
haha, you rock!!

soundguy
ghost haunting audio students

Post by soundguy » Sat May 10, 2003 9:59 am

C'mon baby, can you do more than dance?

[pelvic thrust out of time with the beat]

YEAH!

dave

eh91311
buyin' a studio

Post by eh91311 » Sun May 11, 2003 2:44 am

UpsideYoHead couldn't possibly be a reader of the magazine or this message board. His assessment is just plain wrong and meaningless.

cassembler
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by cassembler » Sun May 11, 2003 4:12 pm

ahhh, the flaming.... this board has been so polite for the past 6 months, I almost forgot flaming existed...

Of course, well.... I'll not contribute to this one...
http://www.dfwsound.com (production co)
http://www.dfwsoundvision.com (studio)
"Man is doomed to perpetually fluctuate between states of extreme boredom and extreme turbulence."

soundguy

Post by soundguy » Sun May 11, 2003 4:25 pm

I got a fever of a hundred and three!

dave

Rick Hunter
dead but not forgotten

Post by Rick Hunter » Sun May 11, 2003 4:46 pm

soundguy you're so hot blooded.

soundguy

Post by soundguy » Sun May 11, 2003 5:10 pm

yeah, but youre my juke box hero...

dave

GuySound
audio school

Post by GuySound » Sun May 11, 2003 5:59 pm

Hello Friends,
As usual someone writes something and the " usuals" attack. Can't believe you guys still take soundguy seriously. I guess it is easy build yourself up over the internet. Anyway, I am just writing to let you know it is not me, tapeopn, it is just that there is more than one person who thinks most of the "usuals" are elitist and don't really have time to record when all they do is post to this board all day. Carry on my wayword sons,

tapeopn

soundispatch
ass engineer

Post by soundispatch » Sun May 11, 2003 10:09 pm

Actually, by taking my pills, there are certain things I can build.

One is a cell called the "slow twitch", an underdeveloped moment, taking place first in the lower cranial abdominal certain. For sure, this will become something special when the time comes for it to be taken seriously.

Rick Hunter
dead but not forgotten

Post by Rick Hunter » Sun May 11, 2003 10:43 pm

hey guysound....youre trippen. This is the least elitest board I can think of. I have learned alot from Soundguy and never once did I get the elitest vibe.

thunderboy
buyin' a studio

Post by thunderboy » Mon May 12, 2003 8:19 am

Perhaps you could direct us to an instance of elitist behavior, tapeopn?
For someone who hates this place as much as you do, you sure get plenty of trolling done...
"most toreadors worth a damn are circumcized."
- Discs of Tron

beezleborf
gettin' sounds

Post by beezleborf » Mon May 12, 2003 8:24 am

Tons of fun! I think us old guys get into a comfort zone and get lazy when it comes to new music. No reason to be hateful. What is cool about being older is no roommates. I have a hard time resisting Ramones, Stones, Cure, all kinds of old stuff. Hey you younger folks, watch out, or you might get old too! All I can say is eat your vegtables, drink green tea, don't smoke cigarettes and take care of yourself so you can enjoy being involved in music for decades. Checked out the new White Stripes, not bad. I'll put it in rotation. By the way, I teach guitar for a living. Students bring in new and old songs to learn. I like both, but my theory is we often stick with what we liked in adolescence. Until you get your own place, try hiding your roommates cds.

heylow
george martin

Post by heylow » Mon May 12, 2003 1:50 pm

GuySound wrote:Hello Friends,
As usual someone writes something and the " usuals" attack. Can't believe you guys still take soundguy seriously. I guess it is easy build yourself up over the internet. Anyway, I am just writing to let you know it is not me, tapeopn, it is just that there is more than one person who thinks most of the "usuals" are elitist and don't really have time to record when all they do is post to this board all day. Carry on my wayword sons,

tapeopn

Hey man....it's interesting that were just kinda "waiting there" behind the scenes.

ANyway..I just wanted to say that I think you hit it right on the head. I'm glad someone finally realized how elitist I am. I cant even hang out on other boards because they are too full of level headed guys that actually discuss recording. Yep...seems this is the only place where you can just log in and not ever record all day and just be elitist. Aaaaaahhhhh......

And just for the record, I dont take Soundguy Dave all that seriously. I mean, why WOULD I, right? I mean, does that guy EVER post anything that makes sense or seems remotely to do with recording sound? The guy doesnt really seem to know a whole lot....you can tell by the detail in which he DOESNT go into when posting things. Thats why I'm glad to see you back, man....FINALLY...someone who has contributed greatly to this board who harbors enough great information to be taken seriously.

Sorry you cant stay man.....oh well.

As Blue would say:

k
thx

heylow

markpar
george martin

Post by markpar » Mon May 12, 2003 2:09 pm

Heylow,

It that sarcasm? ;)

-mark