SHUTUP AHHHHHHHHH

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
Rick Hunter
dead but not forgotten

SHUTUP AHHHHHHHHH

Post by Rick Hunter » Fri May 09, 2003 3:40 pm

I am so fucking annoyed right now. My roommate is blasting that band Thursday while he is in the shower, and its driving me nuts. Who the hell does that guy think he is. AHHHH it won't stop...I swear to god I am going to kick that fucking door down right now.
The thing that drives me nuts is I've heard people say, "dude...if you like the Smiths and the Cure, then you'll love thursday." What the hell is that? No, they dont sound like the Smiths or The Cure, They sound like generic wanna be hardcore. If I see that guy on the street, I'm going to walk up and say to him,
"Dude, Please inform your fans that you have nothing in common with The Smiths, Morissey, The Cure, or any other really cool band. Oh yeah my roommate totally ruined your music for me. Later"
Thats all thanks for listening to me rant.

TapeOpHillary
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

Re: SHUTUP AHHHHHHHHH

Post by TapeOpHillary » Fri May 09, 2003 3:54 pm

would you be upset with me and kick my head in if i asked you to keep your rant in the *off-topic* forum...?
hehe
i haven't heard thursday, but i'm sick of people saying bands sound like an amazing band from 20 years ago too...

Rick Hunter
dead but not forgotten

Post by Rick Hunter » Fri May 09, 2003 4:04 pm

oh whoops...sorry, I am not used to all these different forums...
:lol:

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Fri May 09, 2003 4:15 pm

busted...

TapeOpHillary
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

Post by TapeOpHillary » Fri May 09, 2003 4:27 pm

so you won't care if i move it?
:)

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Post by wing » Fri May 09, 2003 4:39 pm

ya, i know what that's like. i hate hearing people like "yea, it's like this one band from 20 years ago"... "i'm like, why don't i just listen to THEM instead?!?"

Rick Hunter
dead but not forgotten

Post by Rick Hunter » Fri May 09, 2003 4:55 pm

no, I dont care...move it. its cool.... :D

markpar
george martin

Post by markpar » Fri May 09, 2003 6:36 pm

Hillary The Enforcer!!!!!

:mrgreen:

-mark

upsideyohead
audio school

Post by upsideyohead » Fri May 09, 2003 6:47 pm

You know something, I haven't liked rock music since Iwas 20 and that was almost 15 years ago. Frankly, I think that most of the people on this forum (and writing this stupid magazine) would be better off if they did something else. I'm sick of hearing a bunch of worthless meatheads spinning turntables, playing powerchords through marshalls, rapping -- it's just crap; it'll kill your plants, destroy your brain -- it isn't cute or funny or clever.

soundguy
ghost haunting audio students

Post by soundguy » Fri May 09, 2003 6:59 pm

Im not sure you'd have such an easy time finding people to describe the numetal turntable power chord (you left out dropped tuned 7 string) rap as ROCK MUSIC, but regardless, we, the people of this message board, and I'm sure I can speak for the the people at the "stupid magazine" kind enough to host this board when in our attempt to do something else, we welcome your rude ass to our little community.

dave

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Post by wing » Fri May 09, 2003 7:02 pm

upsideyohead wrote:You know something, I haven't liked rock music since Iwas 20 and that was almost 15 years ago. Frankly, I think that most of the people on this forum (and writing this stupid magazine) would be better off if they did something else. I'm sick of hearing a bunch of worthless meatheads spinning turntables, playing powerchords through marshalls, rapping -- it's just crap; it'll kill your plants, destroy your brain -- it isn't cute or funny or clever.
i'm sure you find most people here aren't recording this particular style... but in any event, to each his own, right? soundguy said it best.

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Post by wing » Fri May 09, 2003 7:03 pm

and by the way, rock music ROCKS, if it rocks. you know? a lot of it sucks, a lot of it rocks. same thing with every genre. i haven't found a genre of music i genuinely hate. but whatever man..

thunderboy
buyin' a studio

Post by thunderboy » Fri May 09, 2003 8:05 pm

tapeopn! welcome back, buddy!

jt
"most toreadors worth a damn are circumcized."
- Discs of Tron

heylow
george martin

Post by heylow » Fri May 09, 2003 11:01 pm

upsideyohead wrote:You know something, I haven't liked rock music since Iwas 20 and that was almost 15 years ago. Frankly, I think that most of the people on this forum (and writing this stupid magazine) would be better off if they did something else. I'm sick of hearing a bunch of worthless meatheads spinning turntables, playing powerchords through marshalls, rapping -- it's just crap; it'll kill your plants, destroy your brain -- it isn't cute or funny or clever.
I'm curious as to how you found this forum and how you arrived at what you seem to consider the official tapeop genre of music.

Anyway, troll....thats as much attention as you will get from me.

If you even bother coming back, I'd be curious to hear who a few of your favorite bands are.

heylow

AstroDan
george martin

Post by AstroDan » Fri May 09, 2003 11:24 pm

Hey UpsideYoHead, couldn't find a date for Friday night...AGAIN? Decided to take time out from the "all I know of pop culture is what my close minded, dickhead friends tell me" chat forum? Well, thanks for stopping by and pigeon holing the whole lot of us. What insight! Oh, and keep us posted on what your Foreigner cover band is up to. I'm dying.