tape tape

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
pinearch
audio school

tape tape

Post by pinearch » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:29 am

this may be off topic, but why can't i get to the tape tape web site? everytime i try it says that i require a password? how do i get a password? am i crazy? i need one pass now! help!! :!:
why don't you ask my log?

bunny
gettin' sounds

Re: tape tape

Post by bunny » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:36 pm

try calling?
888-909-6775

anyone have service problems with tapetape? seems like almost every time i order, they FORGET to ship the goddamn tape! doesn't matter if it's two reels of 2" or two cases. i always have to call and remind them to ship it. BOOOO. can't beat the price i guess. there's another one pass place, maybe tape works texas?

Everybody's X
re-cappin' neve

Post by Everybody's X » Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:20 pm

yep, forgets to send it, sends half of what you ordered, sends twice as much as you ordered, hell the suspense is HALF THE FUN

toothpastefordinner
buyin' a studio

Post by toothpastefordinner » Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:44 pm

Dude, save yourself the trouble and just get your tape somewhere else. I paid the guy for a bunch of 1/4" tape and he never sent the tape, refused to answer emails, and still has my money. Totally lame.

drew
www.toothpastefordinner.com

buddy holly
takin' a dinner break

Post by buddy holly » Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:06 pm

Everybody's X wrote:yep, forgets to send it, sends half of what you ordered, sends twice as much as you ordered, hell the suspense is HALF THE FUN
ha. that's a very good description of what to expect. i once ordered 4 reels of 1/2" and 1 reel of 1/4" and received 2 reels of 1/2" and like 6 1/4" reels. never got a reply after 2 messages. before that i got 1 extra 1/2" reel in an order.

--bh

Interzone
pluggin' in mics

Post by Interzone » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:25 pm

I never even got them to take an order. It was like trying to buy dope or something.

Everybody's X
re-cappin' neve

Post by Everybody's X » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:30 pm

lol, something tells m he'd sell you some dope

Interzone
pluggin' in mics

Post by Interzone » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:00 pm

Seriously, we were negotiating to get a little 1" 456. I've had better luck with weed dealers on the street.

drumsound
zen recordist

Post by drumsound » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:03 pm

They forgot to send my tape recently. Otherwise I''ve had very little trouble. Bill always calls back. He's also replaced some bad tape for me.

honkyjonk
dead but not forgotten

Post by honkyjonk » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:11 pm

I've received some spliced tape when I ordered 1 pass, and some tape that just shed like my back. I called the guy though, and he paid for shipping back, and sent me better reels.

I remember someone saying he always sounds like he's caught in the middle of lunch, with a mouth full of sandwhich. Hilarious.

I think the trick is to call him every other day and make sure he's doing what he's supposed to. Like you're his mom or something.

Wild Bill
pushin' record

Post by Wild Bill » Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:57 am

This is where I get mine, but I'm certainly no expert.
http://www.blankmedia.com/html/prod.html
Good prices and relaible service.
Bill~~~

TapeOpLarry
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

Post by TapeOpLarry » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:23 am

I've about given up on Tape Tape. Reels shedding, splices, crinkled tape, missing orders and I believe they still owe Tape Op ad money. Buy new tape.
Larry Crane, Editor/Founder Tape Op Magazine
please visit www.tapeop.com for contact information
(do not send private messages via this board!)
www.larry-crane.com

BrianK
takin' a dinner break

Post by BrianK » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:46 pm

I had good results with them several times - but I go there in person, I live nearby. But once, I HAD to have tape for a session - the band could not afford more. The day before, they flaked, then he promised he would messenger the tape over the day of the session at no cost. Then no messenger, no tape.

*I* had to buy half as many rolls of new tape, after stopping the session to run across town. So we could not do multiple "takes" and keep the best.

Advice - check your local ads - or ebay. Lots of good deals, more variety of brands (GP9 is never at tape tape).
Relax and float downstream...

rydberg
pushin' record

Post by rydberg » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:56 pm

http://usrecordingmedia.com/

I ordered a case on Monday at 230pm, got the box on Tuesday. Prompt, reliable and the tape is new and fresh. Good for you east coast Tape Op folks.

Tape Tape sounds like total bullshit - after one bad experience, I doubt I'd go back, even if it was the cheapest thing going. You get what you pay for. Or you don't even get it, apparently.

P.

cjmnash
re-cappin' neve

Post by cjmnash » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:41 pm

well, it looks like i'm outnumbered here; but i haven't had a problem w/bill @ tape-tape since i started buying tape from him 5 years ago. of course, my orders are usually simple- 2-3 reels of 499 2" each time. In fact; i'm recording in some tape-tape tape this week.

i hope this doesn't bite me in the ass.

chris
Owner: Welcome To 1979 Studio & Mara Machines