Greatest Single Ever

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
Kyle Motor
takin' a dinner break

Re: Greatest Single Ever

Post by Kyle Motor » Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:19 am

rydberg wrote:"Be My Baby."

End of story. It's the ?ber-single.

P.?
Very true, I'll third or fourth that one. Under "single" in the dictionary, there should be a picture of that 45.

Kyle Motor
takin' a dinner break

Re: Greatest Single Ever

Post by Kyle Motor » Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:26 am

chetatkinsdiet wrote:You know....speaking of all this single talk....

How great must it have been back in the day to walk into a studio off the street with a great song. Record it live to two track, three or even mono. Grab a paycheck and hear the song on the radio the very next day.
Not to get into the topic of the labels ripping off the artists in some cases, but that's just so cool.
It really makes you think how cool it was back then to just to go to a new town and hear all their stuff on the radio....Memphis stations, Detroit, Nashville, New Orleans.....
Now I can go anywhere and not only hear the same 20 or so songs on every station, but even the same DJ's that are just syndicated everywhere.
Makes me hate Clear Station.

later,
m
That is damn true. I wish it were still possible to have regional hits too. But like you said, you could record a song, get it pressed, and within a few days its on the radio. What a great time that must have been. Wasn't there some ridiculous-yet-true statistic that in 1966 2/3rds of all American males between the ages of 15-20 were in rock bands? If even 1/4 of them made records.....damn there's a lot of stuff out there.