NYC - Gear Repair - where to go?

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
BradG
pushin' record

NYC - Gear Repair - where to go?

Post by BradG » Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:27 pm

With a couple of club-owner pals, I'm sometimes called upon to install or repair small sound systems. A few years ago I lost my awesome (and cheap) guy who was great with repairing power amps and even some instrument stuff.

So anybody got a good, fast, cheap (I know, I'm supposed to pick 2) wizard in Manhattan for old busted power-amps and the like?

Also: anybody use that guy downstairs from Rogue? He looks like he does anything you bring him. Thanks.

goldenechos
gettin' sounds

Re: NYC - Gear Repair - where to go?

Post by goldenechos » Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:49 am

The guy downstairs from Rogue is NOT FAST. in fact he took over 2 months to do that last repair i took in...
i was keeping in contact with him on it. at one point he FORGOT who i was, and what i had brought. i gave him my invoice number he could not find the amp and told me to come back at the end of the week!

i understand that some parts are hard to locate, and that may have been the case with my repair. i would never know though, as the level of communication he offers is well below what i would consider adequate.

let's put it this way, my experience with him prompted the purchase of a soldering station and a nice multimeter!

Jan Folkson
pluggin' in mics

Re: NYC - Gear Repair - where to go?

Post by Jan Folkson » Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:16 am

While they're outside of the city (Long Island), these guys rock! They're fast and do great work. They may be able to pick up and deliver to/from the city.

http://www.davidsonelectronics.com