MIC Review: PPA LD-2ube

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
b3groover
deaf.

Re: MIC Review: PPA LD-2ube

Post by b3groover » Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:00 am

My guitarist has a Delta Blues that has a really nice sound. For clean tones, it's very nice. In fact, I would go so far as to say it sounds nice.

To summarize, some Peavey amps are nice.

ubertar
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by ubertar » Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:47 am

b3groover wrote:My guitarist has a Delta Blues that has a really nice sound. For clean tones, it's very nice. In fact, I would go so far as to say it sounds nice.

To summarize, some Peavey amps are nice.
My experience with Peavey amps is their tube amps are really good but their solid state amps are not so good. I used to think all Peavey amps were crap until I heard one of their tube amps-- I think it was the Delta Blues. I almost got it but ended up getting a Randall tube amp instead because it was cheaper. Big mistake. Sold it a long time ago.

Back (more) on topic: I haven't tried the LD-2ube, but I have their LD-1.
There's an earlier thread on PPA mics here:
http://messageboard.tapeop.com/viewtopi ... hlight=ld1

Mason
alignin' 24-trk

Post by Mason » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:19 am

Pacifi Pro Audio RULES!

My shockmount finally died after two years of constant use. I emailed them and they told me to come down to the office where they gave me a new shockmount. They full on GAVE it to me! They supported a piece of gear that is over two years old for a customer that won't be spending any long green there for the foreseeable future. I call that a bro move. Pacific Pro HONORABLE.

I just wanted to give them a shout out. If you're in Seattle (or even if you're not), these folks are alright! Plus, on top of the shockmount, I was able to grab a copy of Tape Op which shows up only sporadically at my house. Total class.

BrianK
takin' a dinner break

Post by BrianK » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:31 pm

I'd say the same - they helped me with a shockmount that cracked after warranty. I did not expect this, but they were great.

They have GREAT deals on hard drives and stuff too, check their website. Smart company!
Relax and float downstream...