Lindstr?m Recording Equipment

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
joel hamilton
zen recordist

Lindstr?m Recording Equipment

Post by joel hamilton » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:13 am

Keep an eye out for this company. They will be making brand new (!!!!) tape machines in various configurations, including swappable (!) tube and dicrete REC/Repro electronics!

They are also planning a dicrete mixing console with modular options, like mic pre's and once again, tube or discrete MIX BUSS that ou can swap yourself!

Oh, and a tube/tape delay with amazing features like panning for each head, fine tape speed control, and ADT type tape movement. Maybe even an LFO to the motor itself so you can get some slight variation in slap times for again, an ADT type feel. it will have 6 heads (!!!) i believe, and be of the utmost quality.

This company has simple, elegant circuits with quality parts and amazing people making the stuff.

I cant wait to try out any/all of this stuff at the studio. They are going to make a huge difference in the world of analog recording. They will be the first company to actually ADVERTISE for a tape machine in years, along with the tape itself, and the accesories.

I cant wait. The people are amazing, and the gear will reflect their love for the craft!

just a heads up: This stuff is coming soon!!!! THE MOST AMAZING PART: It is actually affordable!!!!!!!!!!!

lsn110
steve albini likes it

Re: Lindstr?m Recording Equipment

Post by lsn110 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:19 am

Aaaack! This is like walking into a crowded room and shouting "I HAVE A SECRET". Very intriguing. Any more details you could share would be much appreciated.

Mark
tinnitus

Post by Mark » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:28 am

Yeah. Like a link to the company website, Pogo. :P
WWRHS?

paranoidandroid
gettin' sounds

Post by paranoidandroid » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:57 pm

Joel has finally lost it. Come now Joel, you know that the future is in auto tune and L3, it's the sound of the future! the squared off upper harmonic distortion sound of the future! But really? is there a way i could maybe trade in my car for their product line? Do they also have plans to raise Jesus in order to complete the trifecta of bliss that includes tube tape recorder, tube tape delay and Jesus?

Mark Alan Miller
dead but not forgotten

Post by Mark Alan Miller » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:09 pm

(ahem)

MORE INFO PLEASE.

(thanks)
he took a duck in the face at two and hundred fifty knots.

http://www.radio-valkyrie.com/ao/aoindex.htm - download the new record (free is an option!) or get it on CD.

nick_a
buyin' gear

Post by nick_a » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:15 pm

I think i heard about this? Is this the same guy that bought out the tape division of BASF? Apparently some dude bought BASF along with all the formulas and equipment from the defunct company and will be making once again Emtec 900 and the other formulas we know and love. From what i understand, the reborn company also had plans to release the first new-issue tape machine in years. Is this the same thing, joel?

operator_tape
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by operator_tape » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:21 pm

Sounds good, where's the meat?

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Post by joel hamilton » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:16 pm

Nick_A has it!

Yeah, that is the company. They are doing amazing things that hopefully will have a great impact on the way music is recorded.

The people are amazing, and until I get the okay, I cant really say more. I am waiting on an email.....

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Post by joel hamilton » Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:58 am

paranoidandroid wrote:Joel has finally lost it. Come now Joel, you know that the future is in auto tune and L3, it's the sound of the future! the squared off upper harmonic distortion sound of the future! But really? is there a way i could maybe trade in my car for their product line? Do they also have plans to raise Jesus in order to complete the trifecta of bliss that includes tube tape recorder, tube tape delay and Jesus?
I just got an email that they would, in fact be bringing Jesus back as a spokes person for the company. They will aslo use him for inter-office memo delivery...
;)

I guess the Tube/Tape echo will come out first. I CANT WAIT!

(I CANT WAIT FOR NICELY MADE TAPE AS WELL!!!)
Let this guy know he RULES for making tape again! They need to know we care:

carl@analogtaperecorders.com

(tell him Joel sent you....)

Coco
re-cappin' neve

Post by Coco » Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:12 am

Did a search for Lindstrom Recording Equipment and found nothing. Is their tape delay going to be as good as or better than the Fulltone?
I know enough to know that I don't know what I am doing.

Generals and Majors http://www.myspace.com/generalsandmajors

Shawn Simmons
buyin' a studio

Post by Shawn Simmons » Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:21 am

I just got an email that they would, in fact be bringing Jesus back as a spokes person for the company. They will aslo use him for inter-office memo delivery...
The real trifecta would be a modular tube or solid-state Jesus. Imagine a tube Jesus into a distressor on nuke. Huge sermons!! Ahhhhhhhh.

Joel, seriously, this is great news. I was just talking with a friend of mine and we were speculating that someone should buy up the machines that make tape and continue the legacy. Tell your friend he's a saint and will be remembered for this.

Aren't the major tape companies in serious financial trouble? I think I read that somewhere.

shawn

mattallen
takin' a dinner break

Post by mattallen » Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:38 am

Holy Cow, this is really exciting news for sure!! Thanks Joel!!

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Post by joel hamilton » Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:29 pm

Coco wrote:Did a search for Lindstrom Recording Equipment and found nothing. Is their tape delay going to be as good as or better than the Fulltone?
I am helping with the ideas that will go into this stuff, just as a fan of good gear, (and they asked).

I think it will blow the fulltone away. The fulltone is too "modern" and doesnt seem to retain what is funky about these old tape delays.

The Lindstrom will do it. I am even sending in one of my coveted tube/tape echo units so they can go over the thing and see why I love it so much. The way it drives, the way the output transformer gets darker the harder I hit it...

Lots of tasty features in this stuff. Thank god someone is stepping up. Emtec is gone,hell...everyone that makes tape is gone except quantegy, and they are fucking up and phasing it out anyway! SUPPORT THESE PEOPLE OR TAPE WILL BE GONE! REALLY!

I know it sounds crazy, but it is true.

mattallen
takin' a dinner break

Post by mattallen » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:41 pm

I have to agree with Joel about the Fulltone Tape echo. I sat down and played it in a guitar store and it is just too pristine for my liking. I have a ep-3 and there is just a vibe it has that is too great.

This new tape echo sounds really awesome. ADT!!!! Enough said right there!

New Tape machines? This would really be something.

Keep us updated!!!! or just me :wink:

jebjerome
takin' a dinner break

Post by jebjerome » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:54 pm

Is this the same guy's work? : http://www.coralsound.com/clg.html Looks sweet.
<i>who shot...
What, who, the bazooka was who
And to my rescue, it was the S1Ws - PE</i>
Jeb