What Did You Work On Today? 11-21-04

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
rainsinvelvet
gettin' sounds

Re: What Did You Work On Today? 11-21-04

Post by rainsinvelvet » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:50 pm

Well, I had Thanksgiving eary with my folks and then worked on overdubs with the singer/guitarist in my band. Were tracking everything on my new Ampex MM1200 and are just LOVING whats coming back through the speakers!. We got a lot done, and had a blast.

Eric
[/img]
* Limitations breed innovations *

andyg666
re-cappin' neve

Post by andyg666 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:55 pm

Rigsby wrote:...so that was six glocks in all...
Dude, careful with those glocks! Make sure the safety is on and the serial numbers are filed off!

phait
takin' a dinner break

Post by phait » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:03 pm

andy, you ruined my setup for some rap humor... :P

I'm currently working on some liner art for the album... it's pretty cool that I can take photos of certain textures (ice, window insulation, turbine blades) and place them upon a tan/beige faked paper just so and make a worn scroll-type inside.

NewAndImprov
re-cappin' neve

Post by NewAndImprov » Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:40 pm

Spent Sunday driving back from Port Townsend, WA, to Eugene, about 350 miles. It was the end of a completely nuts week:

Last Wednesday, the band bought a tour bus, a 1995 diesel Ford E350 shuttle bus with a wheelchair lift. 215K miles, in sweet shape. Drove to Tacoma to pick it up, drove it back, alternator goes out on the way home. Take it to the shop Thursday morning, they have to overnight the part. $500. Ouch. They fix the bus, we pick it up at 11am, get the title and insurance taken care of, and leave for a gig that night at Crazyfish in Port Angeles. Drive 8 hours, get there in time to eat an excellent fish taco and hit the stage. Spend the night at a cool old hotel in downtown Port A provided by the club. Drove to Port Townsend Saturday afternoon, checked out Quimper Sound, which is an excellent record store in downtown PT, amazing stock of avant-jazz titles for a small store in a small town. Talked to some high school kids about Sun Ra! Set up at the club (Sirens), ate dinner, then walked down the street to catch a punk show at the Legion Hall. Had to leave before catching any music, but met a lot of cool people. Played the gig, lots of fun, lots of crazy dancing to 13/4 house beats, etc. Spent the night at a bartender's house, then drove all day Sunday to get home.

Then, I've spent the last couple of days working on converting the bus, with the help of a metal-working friend. Removed the lift, building a steel cage with shelves for all the gear, then bench/couches to go all around the rest of the interior. Also putting in a serious stereo. This thing could even be a control room on wheels for remote recording!

Our next trip is the first weekend of Dec., hope to have a lot of the work done by then.

BTW, the bus is a great ride :D