burning reliable cd-r's

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
samezvous
audio school graduate

burning reliable cd-r's

Post by samezvous » Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:22 am

i seem to have reoccuring problems with cd-rs that i make not playing right in other peoples systems. ya know, that digital skipping sound that starts later on , towards the end of the cds. any good, relatively inexpensive and simple software programs for a pc burner that makes reliable PLAYABLE cd-rs?

any suggestions period?
thanks
eli

MASSIVE Mastering
buyin' a studio

Re: burning reliable cd-r's

Post by MASSIVE Mastering » Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:37 am

The best PC burner I know of is the Plextor PlexWriter Premium. That, along with PlexTools Professional (bundled with and exclusive to the hardware) is one of the greatest suites of tools available.

All that for around $100. That and a Tayio Yuden disc at 4X should give you a crazy-low BLER.

Some info here...

http://www.massivemastering.com/html/disc_errors.html

As far as the PQ editor, take your pick - WaveLab, CD Architect, Samplitude (my personal favorite)...
John Scrip - MASSIVE Mastering

@?,*???&?
on a wing and a prayer

Post by @?,*???&? » Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:19 am

Discs are made to achieve ultraviolet light stability and negate those effects and also to accept a wide range of laser light. In concept, a pretty consumer friendly, but not real critical set of goals.

To find a burner that calibrates for the individual formulation (and thickness) of disc should be a goal of yours.

Secondarily, stopping the multi-speed burns of audio should help as well.

For data, use a black carbon disc such as Hi-Space Carbon cds or Memorex Black discs. For audio, the Taiyo-Yuden/Microboards discs should work fine.

obermorph
gettin' sounds

Post by obermorph » Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:37 am

I second the taiyo's and the Plextor. Best combo. If you can not find the Taiyo's, and you need discs in a pinch TDK's disc's are quite reliable too.
r