THE BEST MASTERING STUDIO EVAH!!!

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
i am monster face
buyin' gear

Re: THE BEST MASTERING STUDIO EVAH!!!

Post by i am monster face » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:00 pm

Don't be mislead to believe that any converter, or 2 strips of Neve EQs! or some Computer Program, Finalizer, Maximizer, Normalizer can Change the Sound and Quality of your mix & enhance the music to Major Professional Recording Studio and Industry Standards, THEY WON'T!!
What should I use then?

Oh, the logic console.

Ian

kakumei47
steve albini likes it

Post by kakumei47 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:10 pm

I can't believe I didn't see this earlier! I've never opened so many links from a tapeop post in two years of lurking.

And to think I sold my behringer whatsitcalled and alesis 3630. I already have ns10s (which all the major mastering studios use) and high tech foam acoustic controlling devices in my mix room. I could have been mastering all this time!

Anyway, this thread has been really funny, but it's kind of annoying how people here rip on people's crappy spelling and grammar all the time, especially when it's obvious that English isn't their first language. Read people's posts in this thread and check out all the unintentional mistakes made by native speakers. This guy is not selling editing services, he's trying to scam you into thinking he is more qualified than he is and that 'mastering' is beyond you.

Ok, I teach writing and ESL to pay the bills (recording isn't doing that for me yet), and I do a shitty job writing in three other languages, so maybe I'm more sensitive to this than some people...

theblue1
audio school graduate

Post by theblue1 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:37 pm

Red Rockets Glare wrote:if you thought HIS website was hilarious, check out one of his main clients sites:

http://www.whitestonerockband.com
I mis-read the URL and thought it was the White Stoner Rock Band...

But they actually have two ministers and an author in their roster.

In fact, many of us have probably read the bass player's (you knew it was the bass player, didnya?) Contemporary Christian Musician's Survival Manual: Biblical Principles Applied to Common Issues Facing Contemporary Christian Musicians. I think I saw it in the loo of my buddy's studio under some old Easyriders. Er, the magazine not the... ah, never mind.

Maybe I missed something, but I don't know why folks should think he's not a native English speaker. That's how most people write, sadly enough. But when you put up a commercial website, you're no longer most people...

Still, the really funny stuff is his mangling of the technical idiom.

And, unfortunately, there's also the heap of misinformation and bad advice he spews.

Only one of my many favorites from the "Tips & EQ's to make better Recordings and Mixing" page:
Use a gate on the instrument tracks if you are recording live Instruments.