monster

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
JASIII
george martin

Re: monster

Post by JASIII » Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:28 am

First of all: MONSTER CABLE SUCKS! Do you all know that they purposely make their 1/4" connectors SLIGHTLY bigger than standard, so that over time it actually makes your 1/4" jacks expand so that no other companies cables will work in your stuff????? Non- monster 1/4" will not stay firmly in your jacks anymore. I've had this happen to several friends gear. Avoid that shit!

I happen to work at a music store and have quite a lot of decision making ability on what pro audio gear we carry. I will not order a single piece of monster shit now. In fact I'm going to contact them to tell them this and exactly why. Maybe if they get the message from retailers that we won't carry their shit because of this they'll knock it off.
"If you will starve unless you become a rock star, then you have bigger problems than whether or not you are a rock star. " - Steve Albini

Paul Schubert
audio school

Post by Paul Schubert » Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:56 am

Check it out.

This link was posted at DA7.com. I guess this issue is a hot topic there as well.

http://www.madmartian.com/legal/
Paul Schubert

JASIII
george martin

Post by JASIII » Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:01 am

Here's a copy of the email I sent Monster about all this shit. If everyone did this..........

Hello, I am largely responsible for purchasing decisions regarding pro audio equipment at a music retailer. I am extremely concerned about recent news that Monster has been filing lawsuits against any other companies that use the word ?monster? in their name. I find this disgusting on Monster?s part, especially considering many of these companies are small, private businesses that have absolutely no connection to audio/visual products in any way. I have decided that my store will no longer stock a single piece of Monster merchandise and I will never place another order for you companies? products. Your reputation has been strongly tarnished by your actions and word of your frivolous, greedy actions are spreading quickly throughout the pro audio consumer market. I highly suggest that your legal department reconsider their actions, as they will only serve to further damage your companies reputation. Thank You.
"If you will starve unless you become a rock star, then you have bigger problems than whether or not you are a rock star. " - Steve Albini

kronosonic
takin' a dinner break

Post by kronosonic » Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:23 am

I sent them an email saying that I took their power conditioner off my short list of things to buy in 2005.

Hey, hit them where it hurts most.
http://myspace.com/infiniteegosavioronasis

A personal friend of the legendary Jean Pecan Hoe

lutopia
pushin' record

Post by lutopia » Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:53 am

Paul Schubert wrote:Check it out.

This link was posted at DA7.com. I guess this issue is a hot topic there as well.

http://www.madmartian.com/legal/
That guy is freakin' kick-ass! I want him on my team!
lfg