Charlotte, N.C. folks.... I'm looking for some old friends.

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
markpar
george martin

Charlotte, N.C. folks.... I'm looking for some old friends.

Post by markpar » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:21 pm

Sorry for the OT post.....

I lived in Charlotte from 1990 - 1994 and played in a band called "Grass Appeal" (yeah, I know....) and in 1994 I moved to WA state. The drummer and guitarist went on to form "It Could Be Nothing" (http://artists.cltonline.com/icbn/) and I lost touch with them a little while after.

The drummer's name is Tim Benson and the guitarist's name is Joel Mullis.

From the research I've done online, I discovered that Tim was in a band named "Hardcore Lounge" about a year and a half ago. I haven't been able to figure out what happened to Joel.

I know it's a longshot, but does anyone on this board who's in Charlotte by any chance know or remember either of these guys? People search on Yahoo isn't really turning up anything and I'd love to contact 'em again and find out what they've been up to.

Thx!
-mark

cgarges
zen recordist

Re: Charlotte, N.C. folks.... I'm looking for some old frien

Post by cgarges » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:44 am

I'm pretty sure Joel's still around and playing, but I'm not sure with who. I don't think I know Tim, but he could be around, too. I remember It Could Be Nothing, although I never saw them and I don't think Hardcore Lounge has been doing much. Justinf might know a little more about these guys if he pops up here soon. If he doesn't, you could email Tim Davis at Creative Loafing and see if he's got contact info for one of them.

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC

ClownMonkey
pluggin' in mics

Re: Charlotte, N.C. folks.... I'm looking for some old frien

Post by ClownMonkey » Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:06 am

I'll ask around. Hardcore Lounge? Doesn't that band have the one guy from Cyclone Mack? Seems like I saw them at the Double Door a year ago. I have an acquaintance that writes for the Creative Loafing. I'll see if he knows. Send me a reminder at doombilly AT ya hoo DOT com.

Eric