How do you UNGROUP selected tracks in PT?

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
logancircle
tinnitus

How do you UNGROUP selected tracks in PT?

Post by logancircle » Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:49 am

Is there a way to do this? I can't find anything that says ungroup--is this a permanent thing? That would be dumb. Anyone?!!!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Studio and Field Recorder in NYC.
I like dirt.
IG: stormydanielson

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

dubold
steve albini likes it

Re: How do you UNGROUP selected tracks in PT?

Post by dubold » Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:53 am

if you're talking about creating groups in the lower left-hand portion of the Edit window-- just select another group. I'm not in front of the PT computer right now, but I think there's an option for "none" there. not sure. If that doesn't work, right-click (i believe) on the word "groups" and bring up the menu. Just delete the group, and it'll be de-selected.

I think that's right. I don't use groups that much, so my instructions might be off a little. Rest assured, though, that the groups aren't permanent. you're right. that would be pretty dumb.

hope that helps,

-d

earth tones
steve albini likes it

Post by earth tones » Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:33 am

Shift Command G is the toggle for turning group activity on and off, but I think you may be asking how to modify a group's members.
Control clicking a track name that is in a group will allow you to edit that track only, even though group activity is still enabled. In order to add or delete tracks from a group, I click in the left-hand column of the group window. This column displays the group's letter ID. When you do this, all of the members of that group will have their names highlighted in the edit window. To delete a member you would shift click that tracks name, removing it's highlighted status. Then regroup that ID: Command G, then change the ID letter back to the groups name. Now that group excludes that track. Same procedure for adding. Not as time consuming as reading or typing this. Perhaps there is an easier way, but this works.

ELCUBO
audio school graduate

Post by ELCUBO » Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:36 am

then you create a group (control + g) a color letter gonna appear in your tracks...can be a,b,c,d,e...etc., to ungroup that group, just have to press the letter of the group in your keyboard...eg., if you gonna ungroup "f" just press the letter f and voil?!!! have to be in mixer screen...if you want to ungroup in the edit screen...try the left colum thing... ; )

drewbass
buyin' gear

Post by drewbass » Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:45 pm

just click "all"

Family Hoof
buyin' a studio

Post by Family Hoof » Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:13 pm

What cetanorak said...

With the particular group enabled and all of its associated tracks names highlighted, unhighlight the one(s) you want to remove, hit command+G, and when the group window comes up select the name/letter of the same group you're editing and press enter. Now you've got that same group but with some tracks taken out.