JJ and the Rockers

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
DeafinONEear
steve albini likes it

JJ and the Rockers

Post by DeafinONEear » Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:45 am

So I was at that Eurotubes.com site and my interest was slightly piqued, but I find it strange that he only sells JJ's. I mean, it's practically a JJ comercial over there...

Is this guy for real? Does he mean what he says? Does anyone have any experience with JJ's?

Kyle
steve albini likes it

Re: JJ and the Rockers

Post by Kyle » Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:58 am

Bob is a great guy and he know's his shit. He loves his job. The reason why it's so JJ, is because he does a lot of business with them. JJ loves what he has done for them. Last time I spoke with him, he was working on tube design with them. Of coure I had no idea what he was talking about as I had never heard of the tube. He know these tubs really well and the math that is associated with them. He works on my amp, 72 super reverb black face mod, and I send all of my clients there. I have watched/listend to him turn horrible sounding Fender amps into pure gems. He has always treated me right. His place is like a gear museum.
Kyle

Kyle
steve albini likes it

Re: JJ and the Rockers

Post by Kyle » Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:03 am

Sorry, As for the JJ's. My amp sounds amazing. It sounded good before, but Bob and his JJ's hooked it up sweet like. As a matter of fact a well known NW producer like the sound of my amp so much that he offered to buy it. It's not just the tubes, its also the tech. If you e-mail him and tell him what you have and what you want, he can make it happen.
Kyle