Tape Update!!!! (of sorts)

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
helstab
george martin

Re: Tape Update!!!! (of sorts)

Post by helstab » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:42 pm

i don't "get it".
-Matthew Macchio$tab

Randy
tinnitus

Post by Randy » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:55 pm

helstab wrote:i don't "get it".
When I see a term in quotes, I usually think that the writer thinks it is not a valid term. So when I read that, I thought he was saying that professional or non-professional, it doesn't matter. There's gonna be tape out there!

I don't know why people slag Jeff, all the stuff of his I have read has been pretty cool and on the mark.
not to worry, just keep tracking....

nacho459
re-cappin' neve

Post by nacho459 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:41 pm

I'm a Grammy member where the hell is my tape?

@?,*???&?
on a wing and a prayer

Post by @?,*???&? » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:36 pm

nacho459 wrote:I'm a Grammy member where the hell is my tape?
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Where the hell is NARAS in all of this?!?!???

crampguy
audio school

Post by crampguy » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:39 pm

Randy wrote:I don't know why people slag Jeff, all the stuff of his I have read has been pretty cool and on the mark.
Because all of his posts are about him in some way or another. Just an excuse to blow his own horn. Bollocks.

crampguy
audio school

Post by crampguy » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:40 pm

Jeff Robinson wrote:Where the hell is NARAS in all of this?!?!???
Hopefully on a sinking ship in shark-infested waters.

Al
moves faders with mind

Post by Al » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:29 am

helstab wrote:
soundguy wrote:some of you guys should listen to yourself sometimes. Perhaps jeff was just referring to what most of the people here are, non professional engineers meaning people who do not work as engineers for their primary source of income. No statement of talent or creativity or anything else. It just happens that the people that have anything to do with SPARS are typically people who are involved in the industry professionally, people who can afford to join and have a relevant reason for paying the membership, these are mostly "professionals". Anyone who reads this board knows that that is not the primary readership on this board and instead of bashing this guy for being a snide jerk maybe you should thank him for going out of his way to share some info with some people that might find it useful that might have not ordinarily have come across it. He very easily could just ignore this place just like every other "professional engineer" in the industry does. You guys can laugh all you want at Jeff but the reaction this guy gets really is the writing on the wall.

dave
*hands dave a tissue* you've got some shit on your lip there buddy.

:lol:

@?,*???&?
on a wing and a prayer

Post by @?,*???&? » Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:15 pm

Spoke with Quantegy today. They are taking orders right now for tape. The compiled list of names of people and quantity desired is to be presented to the CEO for consideration. Apparently, they will be calling everyone on the list back with availability information within a week. They haven't organized the payment situation for this yet. It may have to go through SPARS or it may go directly to Quantegy.

fyi

percussion boy
carpal tunnel

Post by percussion boy » Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:52 pm

If this buy goes through, it means Quantegy's Alabama plant is still in one piece, and that at least some employees will be called back to work.

Hopefully this reduces the chance that Quantegy will simply end up being gutted and its physical assets sold off. Maybe it will even show some potential investor that this part of Quantegy's business is profitable.

Or maybe not. If the buy goes through, it can't hurt -- even if Joe Home-Recorder isn't involved yet.
"The world don't need no more songs." - Bob Dylan

"Why does the Creator send me such knuckleheads?" - Sun Ra