Best D.I.Y. Neve Kit (complete) ?

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
soundguy
ghost haunting audio students

Re: Best D.I.Y. Neve Kit (complete) ?

Post by soundguy » Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:41 am

thats all the studio projects limiter is, or whatever that thing that advertised in tapeop with the cerscent LED meter is. For what EC is attempting to charge for that, you migth as well just buy the studio projects thing you will not save half a penny assembling that yourself.

dave
http://www.glideonfade.com
one hundred percent discrete transistor recording with style and care.

audioez
audio school graduate

3415 Class A/B

Post by audioez » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:19 am

yes,

Class A is very much hyped...and by the way the neve 3415 is a class A/B line amp. My advice to anyone who wants to rack some into mic pres: Buy three modules, give one to your pet shop monkey, tell him he can keep one of the modules as long as he racks the other two up for you...this works, and costs under $1,000 if you're a shrewd businessman....peace. If you're in the NorthEast, you might try the place that goes by 'Circus' They seem to have a good arsenal of these type of line amps...Just make sure your buying a fully descrete module(no IC's). I have opened up some 3415 line amps and have seen some that have IC's under the hood....peace, and enjoy.

www.ezraudio.com

Bear's Gone Fission
gettin' sounds

Post by Bear's Gone Fission » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:57 pm

Over at the Lab, there are folks doing 1176 derivatives and also there are some replotted BA283/1272 boards available. I haven't thought about doing the Studio Electronics thing of combining them, but naturally it can be done.

Bear

Family Hoof
buyin' a studio

Post by Family Hoof » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:07 pm

Bear's Gone Fission wrote:Over at the Lab, there are folks doing 1176 derivatives and also there are some replotted BA283/1272 boards available. I haven't thought about doing the Studio Electronics thing of combining them, but naturally it can be done.

Bear
The user Bauman sells BA283AM (output stage only) PCBs now for only $5 but you've gotta pay shipping from Brazil. He does very small runs at a time so I'm not sure about availability. They look quite good with holes to hook up XLR jacks, switches, transformer, etc.