New Tape Company

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
GregW
audio school graduate

Re: New Tape Company

Post by GregW » Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:00 pm

nacho459 wrote:I thought DTRS kinda killed DASH, and sometimes I feel like the only person in the world that still uses DTRS.
I do, I do!! I'm not all that happy with the DA-78hr, but hey, when I dove back into this biz, it was the closest thing to the DA-38, which I had before. I wasn't too keen on the standalone hard drive recorders, since they only could hold 45 min or so. Now, though, they can do 9+ hours!! Perhaps one by Alesis is in my future...

But don't get me started...

And now that analog isn't quite dead...

And since my favorite tape was EMTEC 911...

And I feel like putting more dots at the end of sentences...

Even though they're not really complete sentences...

-GRW
N.O.M.A.D. Travelling Recording Studio.
http://world.std.com/~grw
"Keep it off my wave" -Soundgarden
"America may not be perfect, but it's done fu***** all right by me." -John Valby

sonikbliss
buyin' a studio

Post by sonikbliss » Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:55 pm

honkyjonk
dead but not forgotten

Post by honkyjonk » Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:06 pm

Everyone make a note as to who the fucking price gouging companies were and don't buy from them.

Those fuckers.

Yeah, I'm sure they'll come back with competive prices, and will be like, "oh, okay, I guess tape isn't quite dead yet. Heh heh, sorry bout that"

But make them pay for awhile.

soundguy
ghost haunting audio students

Post by soundguy » Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:44 pm

honkyjonk wrote:Everyone make a note as to who the fucking price gouging companies were and don't buy from them.

Those fuckers.

Yeah, I'm sure they'll come back with competive prices, and will be like, "oh, okay, I guess tape isn't quite dead yet. Heh heh, sorry bout that"

But make them pay for awhile.

this is really one of the best things Ive seen posted on this board. I couldnt get tape from my normal distributor and was pretty shocked to see a few companies ludicrously raise their prices like that. You know thta US recording media KNEW that Q would be back, yet they raised their prices. Totally unsavory.

dave
http://www.glideonfade.com
one hundred percent discrete transistor recording with style and care.

Bear's Gone Fission
gettin' sounds

Post by Bear's Gone Fission » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:46 pm

Does it but anyone that the Emtec successor used the old formulation names and the Ampex/Quantegy formulation names in parallel? Outside of IP/Trademark issues, I remember hearing quite vocal insistence from partisans who preferred one or the other that they are not interchangeable products.

Bear