A Hard Days Night Chorused?!

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
Devlars
re-cappin' neve

Re: A Hard Days Night Chorused?!

Post by Devlars » Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:35 pm

joelpatterson wrote:Just to mention those words, "Day Tripper, Paperback Writer, Rain" ... it all conjures up such a lost world. I would have fought a war for those words at the time, if someone had showed me how.

Where's the pat's-on-the-head-and-says-in-a-plummy-voice,"it'll be alright son" emoticon?
"Yes, you're very smart. Now shut up."
-Peter Falk
Speakerphone
Rexrode Records

Seej
takin' a dinner break

Post by Seej » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:50 pm

I noticed that too. I always hated watching the dvd cos the songs are WAY louder than the film sound (dialog) track. I noticed the phasing/chorus too. I listened to it on my headphones and couldnt figure it out. It's a mono mix, but way too much effort trying to put it into stereo. God, if you want a stereo mix, dont fuck with the mono mix and try to fool us all.
"You can have a crappy drum set and still be a good drummer. And then you can have a $15,000 drum set with all these drums and the drummer's crap."-Mike Gibbins (1949-2005)

http://www.soundcloud.com/Seej1982

joelpatterson
carpal tunnel

Post by joelpatterson » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:52 pm

:^:
Mountaintop Studios
~The Peak of Perfection~
Petersburgh NY 12138

mountaintop@taconic.net

hulahalau
gettin' sounds

Which version of DVD?

Post by hulahalau » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:47 pm

Is there only one version of the DVD?

I will have to see if i can listen to it on the iMac.

hulahalau
gettin' sounds

Post by hulahalau » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:40 pm

I just listened to selections from the Miramax collector's edition of HDN, and now I can hear the phasing/"chorusing" in at least three songs - title track, "I Should Have Known Better," Can't Buy Me Love." Only watched once before with my daughter (12 years old) and we were more focused on the image than the sound. Now that I am paying attention to the sound, it is quite noticeable. I would guess it is an artifact of a very poor sonic cleanup, or perhaps an attempt to "fatten up" the sound for modern tastes. In my view, it is terrible.