Cordial CMTOP 222. Thoughts?

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
punkrockdude
gettin' sounds

Cordial CMTOP 222. Thoughts?

Post by punkrockdude » Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:48 pm

I am wondering what you guys think about this cable. How is compared to let's say Mogami 2549 Neglex?

Best Regards
Rickard Gerthsson

punkrockdude
gettin' sounds

Re: Cordial CMTOP 222. Thoughts?

Post by punkrockdude » Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:19 am

No one has tried them? It is the highest quality microphone cable from the german cable maker Cordial. It is the Top Performance line.

http://www.cordial-gmbh.de/

creature.of.habit
buyin' a studio

Post by creature.of.habit » Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:09 am

i have Cordial stuff...prolly not the one u have but..i once asked a fella that was helpin me out here if he knew this brand and he said no, prolly not very known in the US that may be why u're not gettin any answers.

as for the cable, im ok with it, ive used it for 3 years now and i'dd say its ok to have around the house but im not so sure i would gig with it. 2 weeks from gettin it, the thing buzzed a bit when interfacing with my pedal setup and kept quiet only when i twitched around the jack a bit, wich is never a good thing i guess :/ and i dont just throw these things around. when i do gig though, i always use the cabling they have, and ive been ok with it since ive gigged mainly alone to this point.

i get this cause its the one they have in large quantities in the german store i use, and its cheap not being a piece of crap at the same time. but im ok with it really. i would say mine's probably the "fair line" and your model is probably along the "pro line" or "top performance line". for now the fair line is ok for me as i dont really do any serious recording around the house (working my way into that), it delivers. so i would expect the other lines to be quite good if not excelent. plus they're used all over germany's television broadcasts.

punkrockdude
gettin' sounds

Post by punkrockdude » Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:30 am

thanks alot for your reply diogo. So Cordial is used alot around Germany?
Why I am asking is becuase I love the sound from my Mogami Neglex 2549 but I can get 100 meters of the top quality Cordial from Germany for about 140 us dollars approxiematly. Ok, the connectors (Neutrik) would add some cost to it. Anyone else has some opinions about the Cordial stuff?

Best Regards
Rickard Gerthsson
Sweden

creature.of.habit
buyin' a studio

Post by creature.of.habit » Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:59 am

hey man,

i wouldnt know about germany in terms of musician gig circuit, smaller studios or anything like that as i live in portugal. i have to get everything i use from germany cause prices in my country are soooo high, its impossible to get anything...so, germany is the place to go within the EU if u dont want to pay huge customs taxes and end up being the same thing getting the stuff here..its very unfair. btw, how's sweden for that kind of stuff? do u have the same problems? i take it u dont, your economy is a lot stronger than mine and i would bet dealers are a lot less narrow minded there..hell, i bet u guys even have capable guitar luthiers (lol). cant find one here, im scared to death about having any portuguese luthier (except portuguese guitar ones) do a setup in one of my guitars..some of these ppl never ever seen a dreadnought that doesnt have a cutaway.

anyway, thing is, its the professional cabling tv networks use over there, and their high end products must be great, cause i use mid end stuff from them and it delivers very well. but thats as far as i can tell u really, ive never tried anything high end from those guys, but its used everywhere, from tv to professional studios, so go for it really. i think you'll happy with it.