Radial ToneBone tube distortion

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
dynomike
carpal tunnel

Radial ToneBone tube distortion

Post by dynomike » Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:23 am

I just picked up the "Hot British" version of this.

In the store I a/b'd it against a fulltone fulldrive II into a fender hot rod deville 4x10. The fulltone had some nice lighter drives, but I found just by toying with your pickup volume you could get similar from the Tonebone.

I was also impressed by the versatility of the unit... the tone controls, mid boost switches, high boost/high cut switches and notch/fat adjustments give an enormous range of sounds. I really liked the sound of the fulltone, but I could get nearly all the fulltone sounds with a little tweaking from the tonebone.

I'd totally recommend this to anyone who wants a nice range from overdrive to smooth, heavy distortion. True bypass, tube driven, and well priced. Makes a really great compliment to my MusicMan 210hd and VoodooLab SparkleDrive.

I think a few other people on the board have these, but didn't see many posts, so I wanted to spread the word.

Mike
Making Efforts and Forging Ahead Courageously! Keeping Honest and Making Innovations Perpetually!

kayagum
ghost haunting audio students

Re: Radial ToneBone tube distortion

Post by kayagum » Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:36 am

So many pedals, not enough time :)

I should check it out... seems like there's a lot of new cool distortion/overdrive pedals out there.

exit2studios
takin' a dinner break

Re: Radial ToneBone tube distortion

Post by exit2studios » Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:39 am

I haven't tried this pedal, but all the Radial stuff seems to be the bomb.

Good to see some good companies out there doing cool things.