Motu 24 I/O & DP

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
audiooutsend
audio school

Motu 24 I/O & DP

Post by audiooutsend » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:25 pm

Has anyone out there had any experience with the MOTU 24I/O? I need to go from a 1" 16 track into Digital Performer and preferably still have a few ins/outs for summing and inserting. Is this a good a decent converter or is there a better one for the cost? Any general help & ideas would be great. Thanks, Zach

terencepalmer
audio school graduate

Re: Motu 24 I/O & DP

Post by terencepalmer » Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:03 pm

At my work, we use the 24 i/o with DP and i love it. We've used a number of different interfaces (828, 896, 2408) and each has it's advantages and disadvantages. The only major drawback with the 24 i/o that I can see is the lack of mic pres, but this isn't important to me, as I'm using either console's pres or outboard. The 896's have pres that sound ok (not outstanding), but (1) you can't run more than 2 outputs with zero latency and (2) it costs about the same as the 24 i/o for just 8 inputs. With the 24 i/o, you get zero latency, super easy smpte sync, and 24 ins and outs.

Flight Feathers
re-cappin' neve

Re: Motu 24 I/O & DP

Post by Flight Feathers » Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:45 pm

i'm using the 24i/o with logic on a windows pc, and so far i'm very pleased with it i don't have any other converters so i have no point of reference to say if they sound better or worse than anything else. my one complaint is the converters tend to clip very easily, so you have to be very very careful with the input levels.
5D Studios <-- my OLD studio
Flight Feathers <-- my band