Aries Apollo Consoles: Any Owners Out There?

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
greatmagnet
buyin' a studio

Aries Apollo Consoles: Any Owners Out There?

Post by greatmagnet » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:34 am

Did I post this topic before? I can't remember...too many bong hits. Anyways, I recently purchased one of THESE...

http://www.ariesaudio.com/apollo.html

...used, with full patchbay, for a song. It's fully modular and has all the bells and whistles you'd want on a "real" 8-bus console. I tried it out by going down to the studio it was in and mic'ing up my acoustic guitar with a variety of disparate mic choices alone and together. Sounded great, but it was no longer hooked up to monitors or recording stuff, so I was just listening in good headphones. Now that it's mine, I have it in storage while I look for a bigger place to live so I can start using it!

Anyhow, as you can see their website is very static and cryptic at best. I emailed them to see if their product is still being actively manufactured, or if parts and manuals were available. I got an email back quickly that said "yes", and then the next time I tried to correspond the email was out of service. SHEESH...cloak and dagger stuff.

I just met another guy in Chaicago that recently bought one as well and knows as little about it as I do. So, I'm sure we'd both like to know fi there are any other TapeOppers out there that may actually own one of thse boards and have some anecdotes to share on sound and function, successes and problems.

Anyone?
"All energy flows in accordance with the whims of the great Magnet"
?Raoul Duke
www.greatmagnetrecording.com