Vox Pathfinder for $79.99!

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
just_another_guy
audio school

Re: Vox Pathfinder for $79.99!

Post by just_another_guy » Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:48 pm

Thanks for the notice. I've been wanting a practice amp, now I know which one to get.

I'm Painting Again
zen recordist

Post by I'm Painting Again » Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:41 am

I'm pretty sure, tried to order from MF and Sweetwater, that they are not around any more..got the last one from samedaymusic.com, oh well..

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Post by wing » Wed Dec 17, 2003 3:01 pm

totally gone from musiciansfriend!! :(

Al
moves faders with mind

Post by Al » Wed Dec 17, 2003 3:15 pm

These wee things are feckn amazing!....just recorded some guitar, Telecaster, wem copicat, Pathfinder, some toob reverb, with Reslo rv and crl in a ms configuration just over a foot in front of the cab.

Now i'm just off to wipe the stains that's appeared on my carpet!... :oops:

Al

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Post by wing » Thu Dec 18, 2003 3:51 pm

so it's gone entirely from musician's friend-- but fortunately i somehow had the foresight to actually print out a copy of the musician's friend website page for the pathfinder when it still existed. This was back on Dec 1st (and you could see the date 12/01/03 on the bottom of the page)! So my fear was, when i take it into Guitar Center, they wouldn't honor it on the grounds that it's too outdated and probably off sale or whatever. Or I just figured I'd get a usual hassle and argument and have to get a manager over and everything.

Anyway, I went there a few hours ago, giving the first guy I see by the amps my musician's friend page, and I ask "do you match prices?" and he was like "damn! we OWN them and they're screwin us?!"... we all laughed, he grabbed a pathfinder 15R right by him, and gave it to me for $79.99 without bothering a manager or anything! it was awesome, and i even got the reverb model which is even better!

free glockenspiels, cheap vox pathfinders... this week just keeps getting better! :lol:

oh yea, and it sounds GREAT!!! this is the best tone i've ever heard from such a small amp!

Rob Christensen
gettin' sounds

Post by Rob Christensen » Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:24 pm

Geez - When I printed out an internet page from musician's friend, for a keyboard, and brought it into guitar center they were like, "Um, we NORMALLY match musician's friend prices, but we can't go THAT low." So I mail ordered it from musician's friend.

A similiar thing happened a local store on an amp a couple years back. They were all about "Yeah, we'll match musician's friend." but when it came down to it they backed out.

The next time a salesman tells me they'll match musician's friend I'm gonna say, "Yeah, right. I've heard that one before."

Guess I need to shop at the guitar center where Bluepxl shops.

Al
moves faders with mind

Post by Al » Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:28 pm

Are these amps having babies?, soon world domination for the Pathfinder.

kylethompson
pushin' record

Post by kylethompson » Sat Dec 20, 2003 6:57 pm

I broke down and got one too. Loved the tone so much I recorded a demo for a new song with it. All the guitars are recorded with the pathfinder. Take a listen.

Kyle
Last edited by kylethompson on Sun Dec 21, 2003 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I tell you this because, as an artist, I think you'll understand."

Al
moves faders with mind

Post by Al » Sat Dec 20, 2003 7:15 pm

kylethompson wrote:I broke down and got one too. Loved the tone so much I recorded a demo for a new song with it. All the guitars are recorded with the pathfinder. Take a listen.

Kyle
Sounds good Kyle, for all i can hear off it, my computer is crap and doesnt play MP3's very well, cuts out and shit, annoying as Fuk...still..cool!

cURVe sPACe
takin' a dinner break

Post by cURVe sPACe » Sat Dec 20, 2003 11:07 pm

Link no worky no more Kyle. Man, after the holidays I need to take you up on that beer if the offer still stands. Maybe if I bring my Pathfinder over it will breed with yours and give us a litter of em'. :shock:

I've stumbled upon so many good tones/sounds with this amp it kinda freaks me out. well, in a good way.

-mark
I'm goin' to the store, anybody need anything?

kylethompson
pushin' record

Post by kylethompson » Sun Dec 21, 2003 12:19 am

mpm wrote:Link no worky no more Kyle. Man, after the holidays I need to take you up on that beer if the offer still stands. Maybe if I bring my Pathfinder over it will breed with yours and give us a litter of em'. :shock:

I've stumbled upon so many good tones/sounds with this amp it kinda freaks me out. well, in a good way.

-mark
Sorry, don't know why links work and then don't, but fixed (for) now. Anyway, the point was that getting new studio toys is fun. The anti gear head contingent I think forgets how a new device can inspire you to be creative. Today I wired up a speaker jack to a karaoke amp from the thrift shop that runs on batteries. Toy amp, $5. Recording a guitar part with karoake echo through an 8*10 bass cab, priceless.

By the way that beer I offered you is long gone, MPM, but I'll run and get a fresh one when you come by. Favorite of late : ESB Red Hook. Mmmmmm
"I tell you this because, as an artist, I think you'll understand."

hank hill
pluggin' in mics

Post by hank hill » Sun Dec 21, 2003 10:24 am

hi pathfinder owners

have any of you tried using the line outs on the pathfinder for direct recording? some literature on the net described the line outs as "giving a good signal for recording or live work without having to mic up an amp"

any notes? maybe with a red box inline how does it compare to a sansamp? could this replace a sansamp?

thanks.

cURVe sPACe
takin' a dinner break

Post by cURVe sPACe » Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:27 am

I haven't had much look going direct at all. It just doesn't do the amp justice. For direct, a Sansamp would be much better. IMHO.

-mark

hank hill
pluggin' in mics

Post by hank hill » Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:52 am

just wondering... probably buy the amp anyway just for the cool tone...

but since i was looking for some sort of direct type thing for guitar.. or running vocals, loops, whatever through for effect... figured maybe somebody already tried with the pathfinder...

ill have to wait till i get it.

cURVe sPACe
takin' a dinner break

Post by cURVe sPACe » Sun Dec 21, 2003 12:20 pm

Oh I tried, I just couldn't get anything useable going direct with it. But its definitely worth buying for non-direct useage.