Tell me about the Tascam M3600

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
Brian Brock
buyin' a studio

Tell me about the Tascam M3600

Post by Brian Brock » Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:06 am

Hi. Tell me about he Tascam m3600 console, please.

Specifically, how are the preamps, is it sturdy, clean-sounding, and what is a good price, 1500 dollars?

This that I saw has 32 channels, and I guess you say 4 stereo busses.

Thanks

permanent hearing damage
re-cappin' neve

Re: Tell me about the Tascam M3600

Post by permanent hearing damage » Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:34 pm

these are the ones with the tiny faders for the tape returns, right? i've seen em go for a bit cheaper than $1500. i'd look around. definitely seen em on ebay for under a grand. i've never really used one much. i don't think tascam has the greatest reputation for pre's. tho, it does have a lot of stuff for that price. and as long as you know what you're doing, i'm sure you can get something decent. hell, i got some recordings i'm still stoked on thru a tank of a Ramsa mixer. now that thing was a piece of crap.

tho, if you're looking to spend about that much, maybe you should try to find an old soundcraft 600 or something.

anyway, best of luck.

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Re: Tell me about the Tascam M3600

Post by wing » Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:37 pm

i almost got one... but didn't because i decided it was too big, and it didn't exactly have a rep for being that great of a board or very musical sound, for what it was worth and what the seller wanted it for-- about $2000. i dunno if $1500 is even worth it... perhaps just keep looking?

definitely the best thing for you to do, however, is to listen to it yourself. try to find samples of work done on it if the seller won't give you a chance to try it out yourself.