shock mount replacement parts ?

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
Madness
gimme a little kick & snare

shock mount replacement parts ?

Post by Madness » Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:06 pm

Ok, here's the deal-

I've got an AT 4033 mic, bought it when they just came out, and it's served me well, especially before I got a few things that surpassed it.

The shockmount is in tact, BUT it needs new elastics. They're totally shot. I went to AT's site, and even emailed them for info, and it was a no go. No info, no response to an email. And when you've spent a few hundred on a mic from anyone, they ought to send you the replacement elastics gratis...

So the question: WHERE DOES ONE FIND REPLACEMENT ELASTICS FOR SHOCKMOUNTS?

Thanks.
Peace
Phil

meblumen
steve albini likes it

Re: shock mount replacement parts ?

Post by meblumen » Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:49 pm

Well I don't have the AT mic nor shock mount so I don't know if this will help, but a little while ago there was an article in TapeOp alittle while back about making some DIY shock mounts with those elastic bands you use to tie your hair back. I made a variation of it and the hair ties worked quite well. You might want to try replacing the elastic in your shock mount with a couple of those, or worst comes to worst just build your own, mine was really easy and super cheap. The drummer from pavement makes shockmounts for $25 a pop and they're supposed to be decent too.