new compressor

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
alanhyatt
pluggin' in mics

Re: new compressor

Post by alanhyatt » Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:58 pm

So Paul, the questions still linger...where is your business located? If not in Atlanta, then in Georgia somewhere. Please tell the good customers here where we can go to your location to see and hear this unit you claim is good. Surely you have a showroom of sort. Additionally,

I would still like you to address your service policy. Do you fix any broken units there Paul? For example, did you take back my friends unit in Nashville into your store and fix it for him, or did it have to go back to the UK at his expense?

I am not slinging shit. I have simply asked you direct questions that I am asking you to answer and address. So far, you told me you can get me a job shoveling shit, but I already have a job, so thank you anyway.

So, once again, answer the questions please. Curious minds want to know. Oh yeah, it is customary as a business to tag your business name, address and contact numbers to distinguish you from and end user...like I do at the bottom.
Alan Hyatt
PMI Audio Group
Joemeek - Studio Projects - Toft Audio Designs - Valley People - Stephen Paul Microphones
Gardena, CA 90247
toll free: 877-563-6335 fax: 310-323-9050
url: www.pmiaudio.com e-mail: alan@pmiaudio.com

ozraves
audio school

Post by ozraves » Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:50 pm

alanhyatt wrote:As for reviews, I do not take any opinion Mojo Pie offers as very credible, including my own products he has written about, but Steve Langer is nothing more than a beginning recording guy working in a basement studio. Think about it..He claims to have been a top lawyer and selected to become a judge. Why so you give all of that up to write audio reviews for money? If he is that good, then why is he not asked to write for any professional magazine?
Alan--

I do not know what you have against me or Mojo Pie. I am a lawyer. I was nominated to be a judge this past year here in Oklahoma. I do that to make a living and support my family. However, I love music. I grew up here in Oklahoma learning about music from guys like Leon McAulife and Eldon Shamblin from the Texas Playboys. I studied Jazz at the University of North Texas. Here in Oklahoma we are blessed with an abundance of songwriters and musicians. The histories of Rock, Folk, Jazz and Country are filled with Oklahomans. But, we are not blessed with any recording community of repute. I started Mojo Pie as part of a plan to get a recording community going here in Oklahoma to go with the homegrown musical talent so it can be cultivated here rather than in Nashville.

I am very proud of Mojo Pie. It's a great site. I suggest you get on that plane and go to the UK and go about this the proper way against the proper party.

Steve
www.mojopie.com

alanhyatt
pluggin' in mics

Post by alanhyatt » Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:00 pm

I have nothing against you personally Steve, except that I feel your opinions are not those of the masses is all. We just disagree on your conclusions and opinions of what you write about. Other than that, I don't know you...I only have different opinions than you do. No law against that, is there Steve?

I think its great that you bring music awareness to Oklahoma with Mojo Pie, but at the same time, I can't help but think Mojo Pie has other financial motives and benefits then just bringing music awareness to Oklahoma. Since I can't see into your mind as to what your motives are, I will refrain from commenting on them as they are speculation at best on my part. Kind of like how you are speculating as to what I own and what I don't.

Like I said, my only problem is that in my opinion, you are violating the law. Well, my other problem is that you aired out my legal issues with you publically in like five forums which is also a violation of Section 1125(a) (1) (B) of the Lantham Act, but as a Lawyer, you knew that...Didnt' you?

So I will take your advice Steve, as long as there will be no charge for it. I will get on that plane. In closing, I will now give you some advice, and I will not charge you for it. You are still in violation of the unauthorized banner ad you are running on Mojo Pie. You will be getting another letter from our attorney that will be in your possession soon. I suggest you follow what it says. That advice is for free. After that, I am afraid it will start costing you.

No big deal if you don't comply Steve, no problem...I will not have to get on a plane Steve. Proper venue is right here in LA. Hey, maybe we will get to meet after all. If you want, when you get here, I can make arrangements to see some pretty cool studios and meet with some very well known engineers and producers. Just let me know ahead of time. 8)
Alan Hyatt
PMI Audio Group
Joemeek - Studio Projects - Toft Audio Designs - Valley People - Stephen Paul Microphones
Gardena, CA 90247

Auxillary
buyin' gear

Post by Auxillary » Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:04 pm

It is funny because you know Alan is right.
kids make electric guitars

www.geocities.com/ubertar/kids

justinf
re-cappin' neve

Post by justinf » Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:55 pm

GO AWAY

jslator jr.
audio school

Post by jslator jr. » Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:02 pm

alanhyatt wrote:Well, my other problem is that you aired out my legal issues with you publically in like five forums which is also a violation of Section 1125(a) (1) (B) of the Lantham Act, but as a Lawyer, you knew that...Didnt' you?
It's "Lanham", not "Lantham". And have you actually read Section 1125(a)(1)(B), Alan? I didn't think so.

Here's a novel idea: How about keeping your dispute with TFPro between you and TFPro instead of using it as an excuse to threaten to sue anyone who annoys you? I've seen you threaten to sue customers for daring to state in public that they weren't happy with the service you provided them. Your bullying of ozraves and Mojoe Pie just looks like more of that same old schtick to me.

rhythm ranch
mixes from purgatory

Post by rhythm ranch » Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:11 pm

In case anyone's interested:
Sec. 1125. - False designations of origin, false descriptions, and dilution forbidden

(a) Civil action

(1)

Any person who, on or in connection with any goods or services, or any container for goods, uses in commerce any word, term, name, symbol, or device, or any combination thereof, or any false designation of origin, false or misleading description of fact, or false or misleading representation of fact, which -

(A)

is likely to cause confusion, or to cause mistake, or to deceive as to the affiliation, connection, or association of such person with another person, or as to the origin, sponsorship, or approval of his or her goods, services, or commercial activities by another person, or

(B)

in commercial advertising or promotion, misrepresents the nature, characteristics, qualities, or geographic origin of his or her or another person's goods, services, or commercial activities,

shall be liable in a civil action by any person who believes that he or she is or is likely to be damaged by such act.

alanhyatt
pluggin' in mics

Post by alanhyatt » Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:46 pm

rhythm ranch, well that sums it up to a gnats ass. Proof positive that the violations are real and do exist. Thanks for placing that there. I guess J Slator never read the Lanham act!!!

If he did, it would be quite clear to him that all of it applies to what has taken place. Thank God J Slator is not my lawyer. Sounds like you just put your shoe up your ass Slator. I can't say that I know a better place for it other than perhaps your mouth.

By the way, to prove you know nothing, please show me where I threatened to sue someone because they were unhappy with my service. You better get your facts right. As a Lawyer, you should know better than to spread false statements that could be conceived as libel!
Alan Hyatt
PMI Audio Group
Gardena, CA 90247

Slider
george martin

Post by Slider » Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:58 pm

what a load of shit. mojo pie knows what they're talking about. i Hate that these guys are bashing a product (claiming it uses the same parts) that they were gladly selling to everyone a year ago. in my opinion keep the mudslinging and legal money grubbing talk out of a thread about making music. use whatever gear you want. i certainly don't let a big business tell me what sounds good. would you trust a big record company to tell you what music to listen to? i hope not.

dwelle
buyin' a studio

Post by dwelle » Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:58 pm

um, everybody is starting to look bad here...

jslator jr.
audio school

Post by jslator jr. » Thu Nov 13, 2003 7:02 pm

alanhyatt wrote:rhythm ranch, well that sums it up to a gnats ass. Proof positive that the violations are real and do exist. Thanks for placing that there.
OK, Alan, why don't you put your obviously brilliant legal mind to work and explain to us how by posting information about your legal threats to newgroups or by posting a TFPro ad on his site ozraves has misrepresented the "nature, characteristics, qualities or geographic origin" of anything?

I guess I shouldn't have asked if you "read" it, I should have asked if you "understood" it. But I thought that was implicit.

dwelle
buyin' a studio

Post by dwelle » Thu Nov 13, 2003 7:13 pm

why don't you gentlemen take your catfight elsewhere?

this is getting silly...

jslator jr.
audio school

Post by jslator jr. » Thu Nov 13, 2003 7:14 pm

alanhyatt wrote:...please show me where I threatened to sue someone because they were unhappy with my service. You better get your facts right. As a Lawyer, you should know better than to spread false statements that could be conceived as libel!
As you well know, your threats intimidated the guy into deleting his thread from Harmony Central. Mission accomplished, right? Of course, that means it will be a little more difficult for me to dig the post up. Not impossible though. I'm sure there are archives. I'll see what I can do.

alanhyatt
pluggin' in mics

Post by alanhyatt » Thu Nov 13, 2003 7:26 pm

Your a class act Slator...Bent out of hatred and revenge. You thrive to bash people when you can just because you think you are superior. When you find what you are looking for, you will find out that what you think you know about that thread is not what you thought.

So you know, he put up a private e-mail I sent him with a non disclosure and privacy statement attached to it. He was told ahead of time not to put it up, he did it anyway. Any implications was based on what he did, and not based on any service displeasure, even if he did not like the fact that our tech found nothing wrong with his unit when it was sent in for repair. So you continue to seek me out where ever you want so you can take pleasure in rousting me.

In the interest and out of respect for the others on this thread, I will stop posting on this subject.
Alan Hyatt
PMI Audio Group
Gardena, CA 90247

rhythm ranch
mixes from purgatory

Post by rhythm ranch » Thu Nov 13, 2003 7:34 pm

Alan,
I can easily understand your frustration; I know you've been dealing with this for a while. I fully support your efforts to protect your rights as the owner of all that is Meek and wish you luck in that effort, but perhaps the tone of your posts could come down a notch or two. We're just here to share info and insights.

jslator jr.,
Your only posts to the TapeOp board are on this thread and it seems as though you have an ongoing battle with Alan Hyatt. I don't know if you have an axe to grind or not, I just hope we can maintain a calm level of discourse regarding the facts. Perhaps you too could tone down the level of your posts.

My intention in raising the issue of the pending legal proceedings in the first place, was to alert folks on the board to possible issues. It would be a drag to spend $1400 on a new compressor to have the manufacturer of the unit go out of business a month later. Bye-bye warranty, bye-bye service.