just out of curriosity (ehx 16.sec.delay)

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
XXGABEXX
tinnitus

Re: just out of curriosity (ehx 16.sec.delay)

Post by XXGABEXX » Thu Nov 20, 2003 6:10 am

Buy it. Just buy it.

These pedals are one of the more rare EHX pedals out there. I just bought a non-working one last month from an electronics shop that was closing and I've since found that there is pretty much one (yes ONE) person in the country who can work on them.

While doing some online research I saw them for sale anywhere from $800 to $1700, no joke. So I recommend buying it if the price is right just to have and maybe sell later.

-GABE

XXGABEXX
tinnitus

Post by XXGABEXX » Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:17 am

$1200?? Yikes. I was hoping maybe it was some super-cool deal like $150 or something insane like that. I guess he knows what he has considering the even-harder-to-find foot controller is included in the deal. I got mine for $50 but like I said, it's not working. If you know some people who can fix one, please let me know who they are and if they are willing to actually do it (PM is fine or my e-mail is my forum name at aol.com). Knowing how is one thing, being willing to do it is another apparently. The EH-man lists this pedal as one he doesn't touch and he even worked at EH. Good luck with it.

-GABE

inverseroom
on a wing and a prayer

Post by inverseroom » Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:58 am

cedric wrote:now.... ehx 16.sec.delay OR schumann PLL + drone??
Schumann. And use the balance for some bling.

jayrope
pushin' record

Post by jayrope » Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:16 pm

phew do wou really need such a long delay? why don't you buy a used lexicon jamman (about 300$ - 32 seconds delay when fully equipped) or a used electrix repeater (about 500$ - up to 8 minutes of delay with 64 MB compact flash card...)

see loopmachines can do that long dealy much better - and cheaper.