Kurzweil KSP8 Users? I have Questions

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
Dyno
alignin' 24-trk

Kurzweil KSP8 Users? I have Questions

Post by Dyno » Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:49 pm

I just bought a new KSP-8 that I run with my Mackie D8B and I have some rather basic questions about it. I'm running Adat lightpipe I/O. The manual is really hard to understand, so maybe someone can help me out...

1. On the studio page, where you set up the FX buss, I usually select 4 mono in>4 stereo out. I then select up to 4 different stereo effects to add to each buss, then save it. Now lets say I have another song to mix, with all different effects, but the same 4mono in>4stereo out configuration. Shouldn't it save more than one of these (studio) presets so I can just change studios without having to change all the effects everytime? If so, How?

2. There is also a 4 stereo in > 4stereo out buss. I really don't have much experience using stereo input effects although I have plenty of stereo acoustic guitar and stereo vocal tracks to work with. Should I be using the stereo input feature on KSP8 reverbs for these tracks or will a mono send sound the same? Also, If I use the stereo send on a mono track, should I just use one aux send or apply both the same?

3. I see there is a smart card port on the KSP-8. Can I download edited and custom effects from another KSP8 user?

4. I would like to find a forum for the KSP8 where I can network with other users.

Thanks,
Dyno

uqbar
steve albini likes it

Re: Kurzweil KSP8 Users? I have Questions

Post by uqbar » Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:04 pm

There is a brand new Yahoo group (the old one was abandonded due to overspaming):

Kurzweil-KSP8@yahoogroups.com

Check it out - you should get your answers!

In general it is confusing and the manual makes my head hurt, but true stereo pairs should go in as - stereo pairs.

You might want to check your version of the OS - I had to update mine right away. The smart card is good for this and for downloading other's presets.

George (Geosync) on the yahoo board has an FTP site with some nice studios to download. He's with Kurzweil and is a big help!

mark

Dyno
alignin' 24-trk

Re: Kurzweil KSP8 Users? I have Questions

Post by Dyno » Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:10 pm

Mark,

That is an e-mail address. Do you have a web site address?

Thanks,
Dyno