sansamp/vox pathfinder/redbox!

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
hank hill
pluggin' in mics

sansamp/vox pathfinder/redbox!

Post by hank hill » Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:05 pm

im looking for something different than a line 6 pod to record scratch guitar tracks and maybe even run a drum loop or vocal through occasionally... well.....the line 6 is hard to mix and i have a hard time dialing in anything "cool" with it.. and more importantly it just feels really weird to play through...

anyway... so i tried out a tech 21 trademark 10 .. it was a floor model and it turned out to be broken so i had to return it (direct out didnt work)...they didnt have any more in stock so i just got my money back.

i played a vox pathfinder... that thing was pretty decent from what i could tell at the store.. ive been reading all the various posts about this amp and it seems like it could be really cool because i could use it as a bedroom amp... or run it through some vintage 30s and mic up at the studio...but im also wondering if anybody has tried the line outs on it? (actually somebody else even asked the same question on a post below so im keeping my eye on that)

i was thinking that i wanted to get a red box (also discussed on this board about the descendants guitar tone) and i could run the line out of the vox into the red box and track scratch tracks direct that way

anyway.. any thoughts?? other suggestions? has anyone tried something like this?

thanks all.
L.