Rocky Road chafe at MF

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
Don Shumai
gimme a little kick & snare

Rocky Road chafe at MF

Post by Don Shumai » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:58 am

Hi everyone,
I kind of wanted to get one of those Danelectro Rocky Road pedals (the "Leslie simulator") and MF was blowing them out for $19.99. I called them and the guy says they haven't had them for a while, even though I just got the new catalog with this blowout. So, do you think it would be possible to try to order one from GC and make them match that price? Or since MF and GC are basically the same, do you think that GC won't have them either?

(I know it isn't going to even sound close to a Leslie, I just thought it would be fun to have a stupid noise pedal. For $20 I like stupid pedals. For $50 (which is what this costs elsewhere) it's not worth it.)

A.David.MacKinnon
ears didn't survive the freeze

Re: Rocky Road chafe at MF

Post by A.David.MacKinnon » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:53 am

The Rock Road pedal sounds better than you would expect. I have one that I use in my live rig (along with a micro-Korg) and it does the job really well. The only problem with the pedal is that it boosts you signal quite a bit. There is a unity gain mod you can do (by removing one resister) that helps even out the sound.
The mod is online at one of the organ websites. I can't remember which site (comboorgan.com?) but you should find it with a google search.

Don Shumai
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by Don Shumai » Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:51 am

I saw that mod somewhere (I can't remember where either). Seems like this is all the more reason to pay $20 rather than $50, in case I pooch it due to my soldering skillz.

Does anyone think my price matching trick will work?

MoreSpaceEcho
zen recordist

Post by MoreSpaceEcho » Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:08 am

it should.

if it doesn't, grab a guitar, go to the boss pedal display, turn all of them on, then just start playing smells like teen spirit and enter sandman simultaneously. i predict your salesdude will relent pretty quickly.