Schumann Pedals

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
mandalamala
audio school graduate

Re: Schumann Pedals

Post by mandalamala » Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:54 pm

forgive me for reviving this long dead thread to point out that schumann electronics now has a web presence where you can glimpse the PPL and a few of the mentioned prototype pedals at fruition.

http://www.maindragmusic.com/js/index.html

Any of you who have picked one of these up in the meantime have comments, caveats?

Meriphew
deaf.

Post by Meriphew » Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:59 pm

How about some sound samples? The pedals are tre' cool - but it's a bit of cash to drop without being able to demo it.

Shawn Simmons
buyin' a studio

Post by Shawn Simmons » Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:15 pm

I got a 2-Face Fuzz pedal from John about a year ago. I ordered it directly from him which turned out to be a headache (long story). Anyways, he ended up giving me another pedal to ease my suffering. The other pedal is a wacky distortion pedal. These pedals are super cool. The Fuzz pedal works great on bass. It does get that Radiohead sound (think "Exit Music" or "National Anthem") and the other pedal sounds like a mixture of a chainsaw and an amp with the biggest, floppiest ripped speaker in the world. Very cool pedals.

Shawn

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Post by joel hamilton » Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:54 pm

Check out the new LION X distortion. My partner, Tony Maimone gave John all the specs, and we really stayed on his butt about making it quiet enough for real studio use. It fully rocks. Distortion with a sick analog bandpass filter, and a clean line driver and so much tone it is stupid. That pedal kicks ass. Tony has the prototype and the "production model."

They both rip, but the production one is a little bit more useful because of the lower noise floor even at destructo distortion levels.

I am glad you dug this thread up,

And thanks for the props on the Shiner thing. It was 3 years of fun times with the midwest homies for me. I just recorded "the fire of 1666" which is Josh and jason and paul, with steve from season to risk and matt from string and return.
They are a great band. We recorded at matt talbotts place (the singer of HUM) in Champaign,IL. Fun times.

DUC
buyin' a studio

Post by DUC » Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:52 pm

Dude, glad you posted this. I gotta' get me that DRONE for the PLL I have. Awesome!
Vocals, vocals, vocals!

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Post by joel hamilton » Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:09 am

You DO need a PLL.

I dont have any soundclips though.

pscottm
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by pscottm » Sun Nov 02, 2003 11:21 am

saw schumann last month in b'lyn and he gave me a special drone for my PLL. super cool box. he made me one w a few extra features i'm really digging. which is precisely why i dig john's vibe so much, he's all about making things differently for individuals who may use them differently. it happens that he's knows the way i like to use stuff so he actually beat me to the punch on adding a trick he knew i'd like. couldn't be happier w the stuff he's made for me so far. looking fwd to the new boxes in the works too.
-sm