Job in Portland?

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

workshed
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by workshed » Mon May 08, 2006 11:25 pm

Did you try to hit up Fred Meyer, or maybe head up to Jantezen Beach (should be a reasonable bus ride from N Portland) and check out all the places at the mall there? I know, not suit and tie jobs, but may get you by until you find one.

black mariah
buyin' gear

Post by black mariah » Wed May 10, 2006 5:22 pm

Nah, I ended up at the Safeway near my apartment. Pay kinda blows but apparently it'll go to full-time in the summer which I'm ALL about. :lol: So if you ever see a short shaved head dude in the produce department of the St. John's Safeway, drop a TapeOp reference and see if it's me. :lol:
Heurh!

rolandk
buyin' gear

Post by rolandk » Wed May 10, 2006 6:57 pm

black mariah wrote:Nah, I ended up at the Safeway near my apartment. Pay kinda blows but apparently it'll go to full-time in the summer which I'm ALL about. :lol: So if you ever see a short shaved head dude in the produce department of the St. John's Safeway, drop a TapeOp reference and see if it's me. :lol:
I stop by there 2-3 times a week on my way home from work. I'll look you up when I'm there, usually M-F 5:00-ish.
my band: Mission 5

black mariah
buyin' gear

Post by black mariah » Fri May 12, 2006 9:38 pm

Hrm... real quandary. My job at the mall kind of looks like it wants me to pick up more hours and do offsite work which means more money... but the Safeway thing is giving me shittons of hours with promise of full-time in the summer.

FUCK! Choices suck.

Better than no choice though. :lol:
Heurh!

workshed
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by workshed » Fri May 12, 2006 10:45 pm

black mariah wrote:Hrm... real quandary. My job at the mall kind of looks like it wants me to pick up more hours and do offsite work which means more money... but the Safeway thing is giving me shittons of hours with promise of full-time in the summer.

FUCK! Choices suck.

Better than no choice though. :lol:
My $.02... if you want something longer term, where you might learn more skills that are easily transferrable to other locales and companies, I'd stick with Safeway. The survey thing sounds like more of a temp work situation that probably won't lead anywhere. Safeway could last a long time if you want it to, and like you said, the hours will be plentiful and I'm sure the pay is decent too.

-Bret

black mariah
buyin' gear

Post by black mariah » Mon May 15, 2006 8:02 pm

I'm making $0.10 over minimum at Safeway right now. They pay based on prior experience, and I had none (as an aside, I think EVERYONE in the store wanted my job... that makes me feel REALLY good about myself. :lol: ).

I'm already sick of this part-time shit. I have way too much time to kill during the day. :lol:
Heurh!