Share Mix/Overdub Room in Somerville, MA

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

David Piper
gimme a little kick & snare

Share Mix/Overdub Room in Somerville, MA

Post by David Piper » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:42 pm

Looking for someone to split rent and share my little studio in Somerville, MA with. It's about 250 sq feet, in a stand alone all masonary building that I rent from a nearby restaurant. I outfitted it with a mini-split air conditioning and heat system, hung lots of acoustic panels, and put a window into the bathroom so it could be used as an iso booth.

I've LOVED having this space, but I recently got engaged, I'm putting more energy into my day job as a classroom music teacher, and I feel my priorities shifting. I'm not ready to give it up, but I am no longer using it enough to offset my costs.

Great spot to do ITB mixes, overdubs, and even smaller tracking sessions that don't involve drums. This could be ideal for someone who is:

-a producer looking to get out of their home to mix and do overdubs
-a recent graduate of Berklee or Art Institute, looking to drum up work and in need of a professional looking space to meet clients in.
-a drummer or small band that wants a really nice practice space

We would split rent ($600, your half would be $300) and utilities ($100/month in winter, $10-$20 in warm weather), and while I don't need a lease I'd want to pay for a year's worth of insurance up front to make sure our gear is safe.

Webpage, albeit somewhat out of date, is at StreetlightSound.com

Contact me at davidcpiper@yahoo.com if you are interested. Thanks!

Shane Michael Rose
steve albini likes it

Post by Shane Michael Rose » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:38 pm

i can vouch for Dave being an outstanding guy. If I still lived in Boston, I would take him up on this.