RIP Bass Player magazine

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

CraigS63
suffering 'studio suck'

RIP Bass Player magazine

Post by CraigS63 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:12 pm

I guess I'll have a little less clutter in the house, but I don't see this as a positive development.
Having it on paper, I feel the need to read or at least skim it all, maybe broadening my knowledge a little.
If it's all links to articles, I'm probably only clicking on the ones I "know" or "like".

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/bass-p ... lly-online

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Re: RIP Bass Player magazine

Post by kslight » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:19 pm

As someone that works in the print industry, this isn’t the first and won’t be the last print magazine you’ll see killed. Paper shortages are ongoing (I’ve been fighting them for close to a year now) and brutal, to say the least before we add on the usual pandemic scapegoats.

digitaldrummer
ghost haunting audio students

Re: RIP Bass Player magazine

Post by digitaldrummer » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:54 am

a few years ago I had both Drum! and Modern Drummer subscriptions. Drum! suddenly decided that they were going from monthly to quarterly. I emailed them to ask how they thought they could do this in the middle of as subscription where I had paid for 12 issues. they sent me a rather rude reply and cancelled my subscription (and refunded a pro-rated amount). I was a bit shocked because I certainly wasn't asking for that. I think they are online only and to be honest the content had been really bad for several years so I haven't missed it.

Then around mid-2020 I just stopped receiving my Modern Drummer Magazines. I was supposed to get more but nothing and when I went to check my subscription (thinking it may have expired - it had not) they were not even taking subscriptions and I never received any renewal. that's how I knew it was dead too. Whatever, I love TapeOp and I hope it keeps going!
Mike
www.studiodrumtracks.com -- Drum tracks starting at $50!
www.doubledogrecording.com